Changes in vision since surgery.

shellbell75
on 7/24/11 2:08 am
I went to the DMV yesterday to renew my license. I had a terrible time seeing the rows. She marked me as having 50/60. So I promptly made an appt to get my eyes checked out. I am so glad that I told the dr. that I had RNY! She explained to me that as you lose weight your sugar level change and it could make your eye sight worse. She recommended that I get vision screenings more frequently b/c my script may change drastically. It really freaked me out when I couldn't read what they were asking me too (at the DMV) b/c I drive around with my 3 babies in the car. I am so glad that I went and got the checked and found that info out. I never would have know that. So, by this time next week I should be rockin my new purple glasses.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

kgee
on 7/24/11 3:45 am - MD
 WOW, thank you!  I wish my optometrist would have mentioned that to me before I went and bought a years supply of contacts.  This explains why I'm sqinting at my computer monitor at the office.  :-(

_Donna_
on 7/24/11 3:57 am
I thought it was just coincidence.
So, I wonder when it stabilizes. I cant afford to change my glasses if I'm gonna have to do it again in 6 months or something.

RNY 5-5-2011

CarolBeth
on 7/24/11 4:04 am - SoCal, CA
Good to know there is a reason for it.  Thought it was just me.
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

shellbell75
on 7/24/11 6:37 am

IDK when it stabilizes. Perhaps when we are done loosing? Yeah, the girl even talked me out of the 2 yr. extended warranty on my glasses b/c of it. I am so glad I told her. So just a heads up that your vision can change as you lose.

**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

siberiancat
on 7/24/11 7:47 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
My prescription has been changed each year since RNY.  I can tell because I do a lot of readig and knitting every day.  I also have a Vit A deficiency since RNY.  I use Vitalady Tender Vit A 25,000 and my levels are coming up.  I eat Vit A rich food every day (raw) but with malabsorption can't depend on the food to correct the deficiency.

I do have low blood sugar (Reactive Hypoglycemia) too.

Best to have frequent exams and stay on top of labs.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

AddisynsMommy
on 7/24/11 9:07 am - FL
 Thanks for the info I been going crazy thinking i am losing it. My vision is all whacked up I better get on it and call the eye doctor!
MissStaci
on 7/24/11 10:02 am - Pompano Beach, FL
Me too....SO glad OP shared this!
 "Life is not easy for everyone. But life can be beautiful even when it is not so easy."
 Olga Bowman, "Four Seasons Lodge"

Most Active
Recent Topics