When can I start excersizing??

megan cruz
on 7/28/11 11:42 am - CO
OK ladies and gents..im exactly one month out and my doc said everything looksgret but still hasnt cleared me for excersize...when did yall start hittin the treadmills n doin all that good stuff?
virvin
on 7/28/11 11:58 am - CO
I was given clearance to start walking about 2 days after my surgery.  I had some complications during recovery (not related to the bypass, but to reaction to anesthesia), so things went a bit slower for me.  At my 2 week appointment, my doctor said I could do anything I wanted to, but if it hurts...stop. 

I believe every doctor is different, but you should at least be walking.  I have a dog and live in an apartment so walks are mandatory.  :)

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Troy Roberts
on 7/28/11 1:32 pm - CO
I started walking around the hospital the night of surgery and never stop . Congrats on surgery and best of luck let know if you want to go walking some time i think we live close im in west lakewood . would love to have someone to walk with and share stories with .    Troy
Mia H.
on 7/28/11 2:02 pm, edited 7/28/11 2:03 pm - OH
 I have the same date as you.  I was cleared Wednesday (5 weeks) to do light excercise like treadmill and arm exercises (no heavy weights, just 2lbs or so).  Plus I can do swimming and water aerobics because my gastric tube hole has closes completely.  They said to listen to your body and stop, take a rest, then go back.  I am to do cardio (walking, swimming) for 30 mins 5 days a week and my arm strengthening and toning for 15 mins 3 days a week.  My center has an excercise physiologist on staff and he gave me the excercise schedule. 

But if your doc hasn't cleared you, listen to them.   

Most Active
Recent Topics