NSV! 5 months out and I Slipped on a size...

AMRubel
on 8/4/11 12:09 pm
12!

No joke, I squeeled like a little kid! What an amazing feeling.

My sister, who is thinner than I am (for right now), gave me a bunch of her "fat" clothes (my words, not hers) that she no longer fits into because they are too big since she lost weight dieting.

I have been trying on these clothes for a couple of months just to see how close I was to fitting...initially I couldn't even get this particular skirt up over my thighs...today, it slid up past my thighs and zipped up with one tug of the zipper! 

In honor of my NSV, I changed my avatar to show off my thinner face and shorter haircut!  

Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
SoulLips
on 8/4/11 12:33 pm - Cloverdale, CA
That had to be so exciting!  I've NEVER worn a size 12!  Congratulations.  BTW, I see that you're oh-so-close to the "century mark".  You've done amazingly well.
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

AMRubel
on 8/4/11 12:47 pm
Thank you so much!! I can't remember the last time I wore a size 12 either...if ever! It does feel very good.

I am very pleased with my weight loss progress, but find myself slipping into some old habits...AND I am at a stall. I can see the century mark...but at this rate, it feels like I may never get there... I keep hovering between 170.5 - 171 -- I can't wait to see the 160s!! 

You are also doing incredibly well, and 80 lbs down in ~6 months is awesome!! Keep up the excellent work!!  
Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Lisa R.
on 8/4/11 1:12 pm - CA
 Ah, size 12....such an awesome thing.  Congrats.  

My sister is a size 4, yeah I know, *****! LOL I love her, but she has this pair of size 5 pants she calls her "fat" pants so I took them and told her that my goal was to get into those pants.  I don't know if I ever really want to even be a size five, being 5 foot 8.  But I have them and for giggles I try them on every now and then, and I can pull them all the way up at least! 

I am currently a very loose size 12 working really hard to get to size 10 before I can buy new clothes!  It sucks I have like 3 pairs of pants!  LOL

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
mandajolyn
on 8/4/11 1:38 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Thats awesome! Way to go! It's exciting to see these changes, it makes it all worth it! I tried on the dress I wore to my junior prom today and it was to big and like you I got excited!
I love your hair, it's cute!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics