1 Week Post-Op

ericc11964
on 8/5/11 7:15 am - NY
It's been 1 week since I've had surgery and I'm doing great. My dr. said that I can advance into the puree stage if I want to but I'm nervous. It's been only a week and I've dropped 17 lbs. Is this normal? I can tolerate cream soups,protein shakes and sugar free puddings pretty good but just cant get that much in at one time other than an 8 oz protein shake. If I move onto the puree stage any suggestions on what to start out on????
Marinna
on 8/5/11 7:18 am - AR
I am 11 days post op. Started my puree on day 7 also. I tried and LOVE cottage cheese right now. I also eat applesauce, scrambled egg with some salsa on it. Hope this helps some
ericc11964
on 8/5/11 10:41 am - NY
How is the salsa?? I used to eat  scrambled eggs and salsa before surgery all the time.  Is the salsa too much for the new stomach?
SpyCbyN8re
on 8/5/11 7:19 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
I'm two weeks out and I've lost 15lbs and have been in my first stall for the last 4 days.... so I'd say you're doing doing great!  There's no "normal" because everyone is different. 

As far as starting out on pureed..... I just got the clearance to do that on Wednesday and so far I've had cottage cheese several times (1/4 cup each time), string cheese and I just had my first scrambled egg with a bit of shredded cheese on top.  So much better then shakes!!

Congrats!
Ginger
poet_kelly
on 8/5/11 9:12 am - OH
You know string cheese isn't a pureed food, right?  Unless you pureed it.  Which sounds kind of icky to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SpyCbyN8re
on 8/5/11 9:20 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
It was on my NUTS approved list for our pureed/mushy phase (she has it combined into one).  Of couse she has us trained well...... you take a tiny bite that is about 1/4"-1/2" long and chew it up 26 times (she has us saying the ABC's .... for every letter, a chew)... and it's pretty damn near pureed.  LOL 

I assume everyone knows that every surgeon and NUT is different and you should follow your own's list and suggestions.... I was just saying what I have had.  

Ginger
NikkiV
on 8/5/11 10:18 am - OH

I put honey dijon on chicken then baked it and then chopped it and mixed it with mashed potatoes.  I also eat scrambled eggs everyday (chewed really well) with cheese.  As far as the string cheese thing; that's too much chewing for me lol. I had my surgery on 7/8 and can now tolerate toast with peanut butter; which tasted like heaven the first time I had it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 240 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views