Hood Calorie Countdown Dairy Beverage - Thanks!

Kat Kat
on 8/6/11 2:56 pm - AZ
Dear OH Pal,

I don't remember *****commended the Hood Calorie Countdown Dairy Beverage, but it's really good and the carbs and sugar are so low. This is a great substitute for me to use instead of milk. So, whoever posted it, THANKS!  Now all I need to find is a sugar free drink that doesn't leave me with a horrid after taste because so far water is the only thing that works for me. 

Nut Value of Hood Calorie Countdown Dairy Beverage
Fat Free:
Calories = 35
Fat = 0 (of course)
Carbs = 4g
Sugar = 3g
Protein = 6g

FYI: The 2% and Chocolate aren't much different

Kat

JerseyJim
on 8/6/11 2:59 pm - Sayre, PA
I've never heard of this product.  What is a "dairy beverage" made out of? Is it actually milk? I just use Skim Plus since it has more protein than regular milk, and I don't really worry about dairy carbs.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

shellbell75
on 8/6/11 3:23 pm
I live in the sticks and can't find either.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Kat Kat
on 8/6/11 3:33 pm - AZ
Hi Jim,

I try to keep and eye on my carbs, so when someone posted this product, I looked for it when I went shopping tonight. It tastes pretty good. I think a little less robust than regular skim milk. I like it plain, but it will be perfect with my protein shakes.

Hoods website says the following:
Hood® Calorie Countdown® Fat Free Dairy Beverage provides the wholesome, creamy nutrition of milk without all the sugar, calories and carbohydrates. In fact, each 8-ounce serving contains 70% fewer calories, 75% less sugar and 75% fewer carbohydrates than whole milk. Enjoy it with a meal, snack or in your favorite recipes! The Calorie Countdown line also includes 2% Reduced Fat white and 2% Reduced Fat Chocolate varieties. Always Good. Always Hood.

The ingredients are:
WATER, ULTRAFILTERED FAT FREE MILK, CREAM**, CELLULOSE GEL, CELLULOSE GUM, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SALT, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, NATURAL FLAVOR, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, AND VITAMIN D3. **ADDS A TRIVIAL AMOUNT OF FAT

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 cup (240mL)
Amount per Serving
Calories 35 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Values
Total Fat 0g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 1%
Trans Fat 0g  
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 180mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Fiber

JerseyJim
on 8/6/11 4:02 pm - Sayre, PA
Thanks Kat, I'll look for it next time I go to the grocery store.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Craig C.
on 8/6/11 10:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I have used it ever since Nik sugguested it in one of her posts. It is absolutely the bomb for making my morning shake. You are right  Kat it is low in carbs sugar and calories and tastes fantastic. You can usually find it a Walmart or Kroger supermarkets if you have those in your area.

Craig

Tobenewme
on 8/6/11 10:45 pm - Long Island, NY
You can go to their website and they have a feature for you look for it in your area.

Mary

Jenny_D
on 8/6/11 11:33 pm - Canton, GA
I don't remember who had posted it to you, but I seconded it! I love my Hood. It tastes pretty watery, but it is very easy on the ouch and works great in shakes!

I live in the sticks, too. If you have a Kroger near you, they are pretty great about ordering products that their customers suggest. Just ask at the Courtesy Counter.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

for_my_kids
on 8/7/11 5:36 am - NC
RNY on 08/20/10 with
 Hood 2% Chocolate is a staple in my home.  I make protein shakes with it:  4oz Hood + 4oz skim milk + 1 scoop protein = heaven in a glass!

225+ Pounds Lost, Two Hundred...gone...but not forgotten!
lebrunfive
on 8/7/11 8:04 am
 I use the chocolate calorie countdown and I LOVE it!!!!! very creamy and chocolatey!! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views