Aug. 25, 2011 = D-DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cattichat
on 8/10/11 8:58 am
OK, Yes e1 I'm slightly going out of miy mind, in of course slices of sanity being shed from a portion of my cerbral cortex...LOL.. My surgery (Gastric Bypass: Laproscopic RNY) will be on Aug. 25. And I have to stop myself from doing cartwheels and cabbage patching...

BUT, I need ur assistence plz, and I'm pretty sure that you all have been blooded in this area, so here goes... I started my pre-op diet early. My objective is to lose as much weight as I can b4 D-Day. My surgeon has ordered me to follow a NO/Low(20g) Carb Diet for 2 weeks.. which means green veggies, meat, & cheese. What of that type did you eat and how often? (Like portion size and was one type of meat better? Did you like the veggies more?)

What did you do to contribute to weight loss, during your pre-op diet stage? I am nervous I WILL SLIP UP, so I've ordered my family to keep all of my "goodies" away even if I threaten them and/or future well-being...lol Any exercises that had a significant positive effect? I'm pretty active already, but need a broader spectrum.

Thanks in advance Honeys....

HW:453/CW:284 Status=Post-OP

"How LOW can I gO? We SHALL SEE!!!"

Lost 94.2lbs b4 Surgery
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 8/10/11 9:48 am
We have the same day!!!!

Im silly too. Mine is at 7:30am.

Congrats to you!!!

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

cattichat
on 8/10/11 10:44 am
SMH....LOL... Gurl, mine is @ 7:15a, have 2 be @ d Hospital @ 5a!
Here's 2 Us !!!!!!

What brand of protein mix are you using?

Lost 94.2lbs b4 Surgery
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 8/10/11 10:56 am
Eas advant edge ....wal mart 5.00
Vani and strawberry.

Body fortress 52 gr vanilla wal mart.

Adkins choc.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 8/10/11 9:59 am
Im 3 to 4 protein shakes daily with 1 350 cal lean cusine and 64 ounces of water with sf drinks.

I have been knocking it out. Not sure if I will lose cuz of thyroid issue but I am following all orders.

Im also taking my vitamins. Getting a b12 shot 2mrw at the docs ofc and picking up my clearance letter to take with me to labs next wed.

waiting for med alert dog tag to be delivered next week.

I am sooooo happy.

_Karen
on 8/10/11 10:15 am, edited 8/9/11 10:16 pm - Clearwater, FL
Juts wanted to wish you good luck, my yr surgervercity is the 25th, close to my 100lb loss goal. You have an exciting year ahead if you.

Wishing you the best

cattichat
on 8/10/11 10:46 am
Wow!!!! Thanx Honey... And kudos 2 U!!! U'r almost dropping a cent over there!
How active have you become?

Lost 94.2lbs b4 Surgery
_Karen
on 8/10/11 10:53 am, edited 8/10/11 10:41 pm - Clearwater, FL
Thank You and I was not very active at all, probably why I lost slower ( plus I am 56 yrs old))

But I do alot more now then I have ever done since I lost this weight!!

SouthernFriedIssues
on 8/10/11 12:54 pm
My surgery is 6 days after yours and 2nd Chance Chic's....(love the shoes by the way).

I'm on a "liver shrinking diet" which is 2 protein shakes and only 3 ozs of white meat (chicken or turkey breast or tuna packed in water)..non starchy veggies and unsweetened applesauce or fresh fruit/ nonfat yogurt and oatmeal)..so I'm unfamiliar with the carb restriction.

GOOD LUCK....We can sit on the "Loser's Bench" together!

Surgery date 8/31/2011 Starting Weight 278/ Surgery Weight 262 Current Weight 178
Goal Wht 165.....ONEDERLAND REACHED 1-27-12

~Women who behave themselves rarely make history~  
cattichat
on 8/11/11 3:08 am
4Sho'....LOL
After claiming my seat on the Bench, I must warn you, jumping my behind up on it and doing the "electric slide" on off!!!!

Blessings Unto Us....

We should check up on each other let's say at least monthly, to keep each other on track, Gurls....

Lost 94.2lbs b4 Surgery
Most Active
Recent Topics