So grateful for this group

hookemnance
on 8/11/11 3:58 am - Austin, TX
I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you.

Everyone in this forum has been so overwhelmingly kind and supportive throughout this whole process. I honestly don't know what i would've done without you all. I'm lucky to have a really supportive partner, but the truth is, he'll never understand all of this the way people who've been through it do.

Thank you!

poet_kelly
on 8/11/11 4:03 am - OH
I agree.  I have gotten so much support here, and not only about my RNY, either.  When my nephew, who had very serious emotional and behavioral problems, was living with me, everyone here was extremely supportive.  Back in the spring, when I went through a period of severe depression, people here were absolutely wonderful.  A couple people even PM'd me with their phone numbers in case I needed to talk and I spent a couple hours on the phone with someone in the middle of the night.  I don't know how I would have gotten through that night without that.

I've also learned a LOT from people here, which is very valuable too.  But the support is the incredible thing, I think.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

laura_vermont
on 8/11/11 4:13 am
Agreed!  My support group is a 4hr. drive - each way.  The local program only welcomes folk who had their surgery there, so here I am.  Wonderful people here!
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Cherylkas
on 8/11/11 4:14 am - PA
 I whole heartedly agree with you both.I would not be where I am in this journey without the people on this board. I have learned so much and gotten to know some really wonderful people. Who I know I can turn to when I need anything.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Godgaveus2
on 8/11/11 4:49 am - WI
It's a nice break away from the main forum and having the DS'ers attack you and push DS down your throat.  Good support without being attacked is what is should be about.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 174 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 174 views