Help- any idea what could be going on ???

dkwilliams1
on 8/11/11 8:39 am - AK
Hello everyone, I'm about 4 months out from my RNY, and 2 wks ago I was at work and almost fainted !!! went to the E.R. and they said my tests were normal, but I may be dehydrated, so they gave me 3 bags of fluids via I.V.   Last night I had another dizzy spell at work, went straight to the E.R.  they did blood tests, all normal- told me to go to a cardiologist. I went, and am now hooked up to a traveling monitor with wires all over my chest, and have to have an echo cardiogram next week.  PLEASE- has anyone had this ??? getting light-headed and/or dizzy to almost fainting ??? I'm scared ****less !!!! 

Sharyn S.
on 8/11/11 9:00 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with
What was your blood pressure and blood glucose levels when you went to the ER???

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

dkwilliams1
on 8/11/11 12:18 pm - AK
they didnt tell me exactly- the Dr. looked at the paper and said it was normal... thank you very much for replying !!!

Amy Smith
on 8/11/11 9:39 am
I would ask the same things!  I started passing out and just feeling bad every so often, but after wearing a heart monitor for a couple of weeks I had to take and track my blood pressure, which we noticed was really fluctuating low and not gwtting back up.
dkwilliams1
on 8/11/11 12:20 pm - AK
thanks so much for replying !!!!

moving-on
on 8/11/11 9:55 am - Rimrock, AZ
Sorry, I have not experienced this. But one thought is, did they test your blood sugar. As I am a Type 1 diabetic, sometimes when we get a low blood sugar you get dizzy etc.
Just an idea.
Good luck.
dkwilliams1
on 8/11/11 12:22 pm - AK
they did check my sugar, they said it was normal... thank you for replying 

Candigirl23
on 8/11/11 10:28 am
I am having dizzy spells and feeling like I may pass out, but I have not completely lost concienceness. If you find out, let me know.
~ THE BEST IS YET TO BE ~

dkwilliams1
on 8/11/11 12:25 pm - AK
I will tell you asap !!! I go to the Cardiologist this Friday (tomorrow)... thanks so much for the reply !!!

shoven21187
on 8/11/11 10:42 am - Saint Paul, MN
 Since I started my preop liquid diet an entire month before I had surgery I have been getting dizzy spells when I get up. If I stand up and walk it is worse than when I just stand up and wait a sec. I have never passed out from this but I am four month out from surgery now and I feel like it has been getting worse. I had asked the surgeon early on about it and he didnt seem too concerned after asking a few questions. But now that it is getting more frequent and comes on easier I am planning on going to see a doctor...

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 479 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 402 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 152 views
Recent Topics