Horse Size Vitamins!

krislbt41
on 8/12/11 2:12 am - Center Line, MI
My vitamins are so big I could give them to a horse that would swallow them whole.  I've tried to find vitamins that were a bit smaller but couldn't.  I just received a bottle of calcium supplements from a friend who had the surgery and they are the same size as my Centrium Silvers.....I feel I should be shaking my mane and pawing the ground taking these hockey pucks! LOL

Any other alternatives?

Duck_Girl
on 8/12/11 2:21 am
My surgeon has me take BB Vitamin Chewables.

http://bbvitamins.com/Store.aspx

nfarris79
on 8/12/11 2:23 am - Germantown, MD
 Not gonna make any blanket recommendations, as everyone has different needs, but I take Centrim Essentials. They only have the essential vitamins and I still take 3 of them at a time but are much smaller. I have to suppliment with other minerals, so in total I'm still probably swallowing the equivalent of horse pills but it is easier for me to do a bunch of smaller pills. I also spend a bit more money and buy BA calcium chews as even Citracal Petites are, IMO, about as petite as my fat butt.  I would talk with your NUT about recommendations based on your body, your labs, and your needs. Even chewables if you can tolerate.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

krislbt41
on 8/12/11 2:43 am - Center Line, MI
My vitamins are chewables! Jut that they are so big...I rather do a few small vitamins compared to one big vitamin.  So I will talk to my surgeon about it! Thanks!

Dave Chambers
on 8/12/11 4:50 am - Mira Loma, CA
Calcium citrate tend to be larger pills. They are just big due to their molecular structure.  I found that the capsule shaped calcium citrate from Vitalady are far easier to swallow than pills. I was trying to explain this to a woman and daughter (both recent RNY patients) and they didn't seem to understand. So I made a quick analogy. I asked, would you rather use a square suppository or a normal rounded suppository?  The woman laughed, and replied rounded.  Same thing, the rounded edges of the capulse allow it to be swallowed easier. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
Recent Topics