Worst day ever...made me want to eat! ;-(

Lindsey82
on 8/16/11 1:32 pm
Today was honestly the crappiest day I have had in a really long time...and those old feelings of wanting to comfort with food came in strong. The difference between then and now however, is that I resisted and had a diet coke instead. Yes I know....not good. BUT, it is better than eating a Snickers. Long story short....debit card number got stolen and now we have insufficient funds that the bank is being ridiculous about. I LOST my new debit card that replaced the old one, and now have to go back to the bank tomorrow to do more battle. Awwww! Then, the kids I nanny during the summer since I am not teaching were TERRORS. It is always hard having four children under 7 (with one being an infant) but COME ON! Finally, got in a HUGE fight with my hubby about finances and getting new cell phones which we don't need, and stressed about everything we have going on the next three weekends. Ok....breathe. Arrgghhhhh! So crappy day but at least I am making progress about not being an emotional eater. Right? Right?! ;-)

poet_kelly
on 8/16/11 1:40 pm - OH
A couple years ago someone got my debit card number somehow.  I never figured out for sure how it happened.  I had paid for dinner at a restaurant with the card a day or two before the charges were made to the card, so I suspected that the server may have written down the number but I never found out for sure.  Luckily I can access my bank statement online and I do check it frequently so I found the fraudulent charges right away.  I ended up getting the money back but it took a while and was very stressful.

Having a diet Coke is not bad.  If that was all you ever drank, that would not be good... but one time?  It's no problem.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 8:51 pm
Kelly, I don'****ch much TV but I did see a segment on how servers get out credit/debit card numbers~there is a little scan machine they can have in their pocket that stores all of the relevant information for future fraudulant use.  It really is terrible~

poet_kelly
on 8/17/11 12:43 am - OH
It is terrible.  And if I didn't look at my bank statement online all the time, it could have been a lot worse than it was.  Since I reported it just a day or two after it happened, I ended up getting all the money back.  But if I hadn't found out about it until later, I would have just been out several hundred dollars.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lindsey82
on 8/16/11 4:51 pm
Thanks Kelly~
Sometimes you just want a do over ya know?

poet_kelly
on 8/17/11 12:44 am - OH
Well, each new day is like a do over.  You just start fresh.  And surely today will be a better day!

BugdocMom
on 8/16/11 5:18 pm - CA
((HUGS)) Sorry you had such a terrible day. But you gotta look at the good point. You didn't have the snickers. Like Kelly suggets, a diet coke isn't the worst choice you could have made. And you don't do it all the time. Also, you reached out to us...another good move. Hey! Maybe instead of an emotional eater, you could become an emotional WRITER...
ready_2_live
on 8/16/11 9:37 pm - Niceville, FL
 Wow -- what a day you had! I think you did GREAT. A diet coke? That's it? GOOD FOR YOU!! Be proud of yourself, you deserve it.
Lindsey82
on 8/16/11 11:56 pm
Awwww thanks my sweet dear ones~
You all are the best...do you know that?! (((hugs)))

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 235 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics