Advise please!!!!!!

gracie5
on 8/21/11 9:16 am
 Hi all-I'm 2 weeks and 4 days post op lap RNY,although I'm getting about 60 grams protein and about 60 oz water,some days I feel so weak and other days I feel great,is this normal and expected??,I take my vitamins like I'm supposed to and walking 30 minutes a day on treadmill with no incline,I can only eat about 2 oz food a day.Thanks-Gracie

cajungirl
on 8/21/11 9:25 am
Feeling tired and weak is definitely possible.  You are recovering from major surgery.  Our bodys recover differently and recovery takes longer for some then others.  I wouldn't worry about the 2 oz of food so much right now as much as getting in as much water/liquids as possible.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

gracie5
on 8/21/11 9:28 am
 Thanks so much!

poet_kelly
on 8/21/11 10:11 am - OH
Yeah, it's normal.  You're recovering from major surgery and even though it sounds like you're mostly feeling good, stuff inside isn't done healing yet.  It sounds like you're doing great, getting in all your protein and water and already exercising every day.  Good for you.

You might wanna try to pay attention to see if the times you feel weak are times when it's been a while since you had anything to drink or times that you get a little less protein than others or just any kind of pattern you can see.  But I would also try to rest when you feel weak.  Chances are it's just your body telling you it needs rest.  I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it starts getting worse and worse or you start  having other problems along with it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

justjenna
on 8/21/11 10:32 am - ID
I'm right about where you are and my experience matches yours up to the point of excercise.  I feel just tooo tired to exert myself with exercise - just minimal housework is a stretch, so it sounds like you are doing really well.  Keep it up.
gracie5
on 8/21/11 11:13 am
 Thank you for input,we will be ok just an adjustment period and I'm going to keep up with what I eat on those days to see if there is a trend-Best Wishes to you

gracie5
on 8/21/11 11:07 am
 Thanks poet_kelly thats a great idea,I will do that!!

Patti1md
on 8/21/11 10:43 am
OMG!  I thought it was me.  I feel so exhausted at times during the day.  My surgery was on August 8th.  I am getting all the meds in and taking the blood thinner meds.  Drinking and all.  Start tomorrow on Egg Drop Soup.  I just emailed my PCD to ask if I need to drop my BP meds since my pressure is 106/60,  I thought that maybe the problem.

gracie5
on 8/21/11 11:10 am
 Hi-Patti1md-I also went off my BP meds until my next doc appt 9-12,Good luck to you,I'm 53 y/o,we will be fine I think its just adjustment period .

Zeigled
on 8/21/11 10:59 am - Parkton, MD
I was tired for 3 1/2 weeks after surgery.
HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 7 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views