NY medicaid/united healthcare

inmyownskin
on 8/25/11 5:24 am - Westbury, NY
I have a question for anyone who has used united healthcare under medicaid to have their surgery done.  Was anyone able to do their surgery doing a 3month intensive program by seeing their doctor for a supervised diet monthly and simultaneously seeing a nutritionist?  Or are they very strict with the 6 month supervised diet? Any help regarding this insurance would be greatly appreciated.
HW: 293 SW (lap-band 2007): 280 Consult Weight: 264 CW: 214
SW (RNY 2011): 254 Personal GW: 150 Surgeon's GW: 140

sunpat41
on 8/25/11 8:01 am
I have United Health Care (not medicare), I had to do a 6 month diet (i didnt loose anything), did all my test and was approved, Just call them and ask what will you need to do
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

Rebecca H.
on 8/25/11 10:22 am
I have united health care (not medicaid or medicare) and I had to do the 6month weight management program with the dr. I saw their nutritionist every month also. UHC (as well as most insurance companies) only go by the initial weight when you first see the doctor. You can lose none or as much as you can during the 6 months but you need to lose before the surgery to help shrink your liver and to get a head start on getting into shape.

shirleyann
on 8/25/11 10:40 am - SC
Hi, I have United Health Care Medicaid SC and the six month diet is required. I started my diet in July and I haven't lost a pound as of a few weeks ago but I am working very hard to be lost by my September visit. As for SC, a six month diet is required...not for sure about NY. I hope all goes well for you!

Shirley Ann
inmyownskin
on 9/13/11 1:43 am - Westbury, NY
thank you all for your responses...truly appreciate it
HW: 293 SW (lap-band 2007): 280 Consult Weight: 264 CW: 214
SW (RNY 2011): 254 Personal GW: 150 Surgeon's GW: 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 0 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views