Bad thing I noticed about the mushy food........

jenysez1
on 8/25/11 5:33 am - LA
all I want is mushy food and no shakes.  I am dreading this shake, but I need to mix my meds in it and the mushies dont give me enough protein for the amount I can eat.  This must be how a baby feels once they get the taste of real food.

Jenny

curvaceousdiva
on 8/25/11 5:39 am - Hyattsville, MD
thats mainly all I eat is soft foods... proteins give me issues...  why not get some unflavored protein powders
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
jenysez1
on 8/25/11 7:21 am - LA
I have some.  They pretty much mix with anything ok?  I know it cant be too hot.  Someone told me you can boil carrots or califlower in chicken broth an mu**** up and add unflavored protein powder to it to add protein.  I am going to try doing that more and maybe just drink the one I use to mix my medicine.  This 2 a day is driving me nuts.  Thanks for the advice.

Jenny

poet_kelly
on 8/25/11 9:08 am - OH
Add protein powder to your mushy foods.  Just be careful not to add too much because then your food will get kind of gritty and gross.  And least I think it's gross.  When I put protein in foods (and I put it in all kinds of things, chili, yogurt, soup, pudding, etc) I add a tiny bit, stir, and see if I think I can add a little bit more.  I never just dump a whole scoop of protein in something.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jenysez1
on 8/25/11 9:11 am - LA
Thanks for the tips kelly.  I was wondering about adding it to my greek yogurt. 

Jenny

poet_kelly
on 8/25/11 9:14 am - OH
I can't remember who I got this idea from now, but someone suggested I put a scoop of protein powder in a dish on my kitchen counter and just added a little to everything I could all day.  Then I'd know how muchj protein I got and it would be easy to get in whole extra scoop.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

YankeeRose
on 8/25/11 11:39 am - Meadville, PA
Kelly - that's an awesome idea! I am going to have to try this. Thank you!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

LJ1972
on 8/25/11 10:59 am - FL
Seems like I have read about people adding flavored (chocolate, etc) protein to their greek yogurt?  Haven't tried it myself
Lisarn1
on 8/25/11 11:32 am - Raleigh, NC
I do that all the time. Actually twice a day. Once for breakfast, and later for an afternoon snack. I don't do shakes. You can flavor it further with a squirt of Torano SF syrup, cinnimon, Splenda Brown, or only the protein powder. I use vanilla Jay Robb. It mixes nicely, but you have to stir it for a few minutes until it's creamy. Tried it with chocolate, but I didn't like it.

I also put protein powder into coffee (usually chocolate), but you need to mix it with something room temp before adding the coffee. I generaly add a few squirts of Torani chocolate with the protein, and mix it into a babyfood consistency. I add the coffee slowly while continuously mixing. Not my favorite, but it does OK. 

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Mama-Z
on 8/25/11 10:06 am
@ Kelly- I like that suggestion... I am going to copy it!  Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics