Today wasn't very good...who am I lately?

Kim H.
on 8/30/11 12:12 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I'm about seven weeks out and today I just couldn't face: the water, the protein, the chewing, the sudden dislike of all my favorite foods, the fact that I feel super fat even though I'm losing, and my birthday is less than a month away and I feel sort of melancholy/sorry for myself that I'm single...so I stayed in bed and slept almost the entire day. I got up to eat a couple of times but ended up giving my cat half of what I made since it made me feel sort of nauseated. Ugh. Tomorrow is another day. I'm going to wake up early and go for a walk and I hope that helps start me off on the right foot. I'm not sure if I'm feeling depressed or if I'm just overwhelmed since grad school just started and I have zero motivation. I don't know who I am lately. Anyone go through something similar around this time? I could use a pep talk or a kick in the pants. Thanks, Kim

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Lisa R.
on 8/30/11 12:27 pm - CA
Is it close to TOM?  Sometimes when it gets close to TOM I let everything get to me.  Life is hard, RNY surgery is hard. We want to be skinny 2 months after surgery and we get upset when we are not! LOL  Silly right.

I am not going to say that you are depressed cause I am not a doctor and I do not have the credentials to diagnose that illness.  I will say that it is ok to feel your feelings and react to them, but get up the next day and recover and move on.  If you can't then I might seek help.

I think we all have days that we feel "fat" even if we are the thinnest we have ever been in years.  I weight what I did in high school, I would have given my right arm at any moment in my adult life to wake up, step on the scale and be 178 lbs like I am now, and I still have days where I feel like I am a failure or I'm fat.  I think it is the media and the magazines at the check out that show thin models and actresses and we will never compare.  

Some days are harder then others, find the silver lining whenever and where ever you can.  Chin up!  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Kim H.
on 8/30/11 12:29 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Thanks Lisa! I really appreciate the support. :)

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Ladytazz
on 8/30/11 12:30 pm
"We want to be skinny 2 months after surgery and we get upset when we are not! LOL  Silly right."

Two months after surgery?  Boy, you were patient.  I wanted to wake up from the surgery thin.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Lisa R.
on 8/30/11 12:33 pm - CA
 LMAO!  Well now that I think about it!  I think I did text my picture to some friends while I was still in the hospital and asked if they could tell I lost weight and was so upset when they said no!  LOL

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Lisa R.
on 8/30/11 12:29 pm - CA
Oh and SOOOOO don't be upset about being single....boys are way more trouble then they are worth!  You can borrow mine if you want....he is such a pain right now!  

Kim26
on 8/30/11 12:31 pm
Awwww, hang in there!  I think sometimes it's OK to just take some time for yourself and to feel sorry for youself.  You have gone through a lot - and like you said - tomorrow is another day.   I had a rough first month - I was certain that I was never going to feel normal again...but the more time goes by, you will get stronger.  Maybe find some songs that can cheer you up - one that got me through some rough days was "A Little Bit Stronger" by Sara Evans. I equated it with my relationship with food instead of a relationship with another person.  Things will get better, I promise!!!!!  Hang in there!!!!!!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Kim H.
on 8/30/11 12:34 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I love that song! That's a great idea, too. Music really does make me feel better. Good advice. :)

Grumpy_old_man
on 8/30/11 1:07 pm
I'm not a doctor, but I played one in high school. Just a down day for you. Pick yourself up, dust off and kick butt tomorrow. I feel ya on grad school. I worked full-time and went nights and weekends. I was to damn tired to count sheep most nights when I was lucky to catch a few hours. hang in there.

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
  Sun Tzu   
BoiseB
on 8/30/11 2:21 pm - Boise, ID
You can do this, and it looks like you're doing awesome!  I'm seven weeks out, too (surgery 7/11/11) and I'm doing good on somethings (getting in my protein and liquids) and not as much on others (exercise!).  Some days I have a lot of energy, and some days are couch potato days.  You just have to focus on the positive!  You have made a wonderful decision for your healthk, and you're in graduate school- that's impressive right there.  I just started back part-time to finish my BA and I'm pretty excited about school.  I'm excited about all the changes in my life and I'm trying to remember not to ru**** but to enjoy the journey.

Sounds like you're ready to start tomorrow with a fresh slate and a positive attitude!  You can DO IT!

:-)  Beth
HW:  407 SW: 357 RNY 7/11/11      
Most Active
Recent Topics