Loving MapMyWalk.com

Kim H.
on 9/2/11 2:09 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I started walking outside since the treadmill is making me feel bored and it's easy to hop right off. I used MapMyWalk.com to look for a route to take then started to track my own walks. It's cool because you can look at how many miles you're doing per week. I think you can even use your phone GPS to track your walk and speed. I'm not ready to share all that but it's really neat. (OK, I know I'm showing my age, lol) But if you like the weight ticker you might also appreciate the weekly mileage, too. Just wanted to share since it really helps keep me motivated. :) (oh, and it's free!)

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
AnneGG
on 9/2/11 2:23 am
Thanks for the link! I will check it out!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Amy W.
on 9/2/11 3:31 am - Bellingham, WA
Yes, thank you for the link! I am going to check it out as well. Regardless of how I am feeling I have to start moving and this might be a good tool for me.

Amy

waist @ 29.5 in, chest @ 33 in, hips @ 35 in, thighs @ 21 in...inspiration can lead to greatness whether it comes from within or from others, rock it out girls and guys!   
thetruediva
on 9/2/11 4:26 am - MD
THANKS!! I just downloaded it!!
Ladytazz
on 9/2/11 4:24 am
I use mapmyride.com to map my bike rides.  It also have options for walking, I think.  Is that the same thing?  Anyway, I love it, although I now have a bike computer to do the same thing as far as miles, this will tell me about elevations, too.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

sckandtired
on 9/3/11 9:35 am
I love that app!  Ive used it for about a year now.  I just had my surgery on 8/30, so I haven't used it since, but plan on it as soon as I get the okay.  Good luck!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics