sharp pain on left side when i walk

jennifer W.
on 9/5/11 12:21 pm
I am 1wk post-op and I've had this pain for 6 days. At first I thought it was gas pain but now I'm not sure. I will walk for a few minutes and then all of a sudden I get this horrible sharp pain on my left side. It stops me immediately. It lasts anywhere from a minute to 20 minutes. I don't get it when I'm laying down I do sometimes get it When I am sitting but its tolerable. Anyone have this or know what it is?
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/5/11 12:56 pm
The lower left incision (if you had LAP surgery) is where the camera went in.  It tends to be the one that hurts the most and longest.  Do you have pain meds?  If so use them.

Winnie

Brazilnut2
on 9/6/11 4:13 am - TN
I am just now getting past this pain and my surgery was a month ago.  My liquid hydrocodone was the only thing that would knock out the pain...and me!

Several kind members on this forum told me in posts and private messages that their pain subsided by week five post-op.  I am finding this is becoming true for me, as well.

Hang in there!  It WILL get better!  (Do you have a drain in?  My pain was much worse with the drain still in.)
K8cox
on 9/6/11 11:39 am
My entire abdomen is black and blue and I too have most of my sharp pain on the left when I walk I figure it's the staples on the stomach. Did they do yours robotically?
jennifer W.
on 9/6/11 11:44 am
Laproscopicly. I called the nurse and she said its from the staples and it should subside within 8 weeks....ick
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Most Active
Recent Topics