3 yr post-op trying to figure it all out

sweetpotato1959
on 9/5/11 4:25 am
 I am in a 16-20, depending on designer, but thats a long way from the 30W...plastics are not an otion for me, and I'm working on  a 20 lb  more loss as well. while you can move...do it when arthur itis... kicks in  all yoou are able to do is think about what you want to do and  do what you HAVE to do.
Cynthia L.
on 9/5/11 6:44 am - Clarence, NY
Yep, it's about forward progress.  I do need to take advantage of movement, while I'm still able to move.

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

cajungirl
on 9/5/11 3:58 am
Long time no see, Cyn. Do you have an idea of how many carbs, fat grams and protein you are currently eating? It's so individual as to what works for each of us. Maybe start at 1500-1700 calories mostly protein and good carbs and see how that works with your new exercise commitment (my challenge).

Don't go super drastic in your changes where you feel overwhelmed and get in the pre-surgery diet mentality. You can adjust as needed. Cut back 200 calories if you need to after a week or two.

Push your liquids and take your Vits.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Cynthia L.
on 9/5/11 4:22 am - Clarence, NY
Hey ya Dana, nice to see you're still around.

Thanks for the input.  You're right, I should just chill and do my best, see how it works and adjust from there. 

I'm such an all-or-nothing kinda girl, which of course, is what got me into this situation in the first place.

I ate EVERYTHING!  LOL

-Cyn

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

seattledeb
on 9/5/11 5:37 am
It's good to see you.
 So you have maintained a 120 pound weight loss for 3 years. Girlfriend..that is success. And you are retired!
Your creatinine is fine. It's low normal. You can eat all the protein you want.
Do you have to lose the weight before plastics?
I do hope you see the success that you are.

It does get easier to snack the day away. Those junky carbs go down so easy. Detox your world and buy steak!

Deb T.

Cynthia L.
on 9/5/11 6:53 am - Clarence, NY
Hi there Deb.

I haven't even had a consult yet, because I know I want to get smaller and in much better shape first, smaller to get better tighter results and in overall improved shape to better tolerate surgery and healing. 

I do consider myself a success, since I'm healthy now and can move.  Being to move AND talk whilst still breathing is a GOOD thing!

Yep, you're right.  Junky carbs go down so easy, we hate them, don't we!?

To Steak!

-Cyn

seattledeb
on 9/5/11 12:24 pm

"We" think that if we are good we will go to junky carb heaven.

Exercise will help you recover from plastics. They are major surgery-I think people underestimate how tough plastics can be.

I am old and married so I get to miss the plastics part.

I really am grateful for movement. Movmement allows me to maintain my weight loss and still eat an occasional crap carb.

Deb T.

Cynthia L.
on 9/6/11 1:18 am - Clarence, NY
LOL Junky Carb heaven...a girl can dream, right?

I'm 51, happily married, but still fairly vain so what the heck, I'm going for it.  I've been reading the PS forums, and know that it's going to hurt like hell, for a long time.  I'm thinking of doing it in two rounds, though, lower body, then upper body.

So, today I whipped out my daily plate.com and loaded in the new and unsightly real weight (ugh) and tossed out some bags of full fat popcorn.  Today is the first day in the rest of my life!

-Cyn

rbb825
on 9/5/11 12:22 pm - Suffern, NY
If you want to start losing weight again, you need to go back to the basics.  6 small meals per day, all high protein - low carb, low fat. You do need some carbs and some fat just not alot and try to stick to the better carbs and better fats.  In order to increase your metabolism, maintain a constant blood sugar level and decrease hunger, eat your 6 small meals every 2-3 hours.  Each meal must have protein (4-6 ounces)

I have never been one to count calories but protein is very important and yes, you do want atleast 100 grams this far out especially if you are going to be going for plastic surgery - you need to up your protein to promote healing.  Your albumin is pretty good but your total protein could be higher - you want it over 7.0 - preferably around 7.2

The only time you don't want high protein is when your kidneys are not working properly but yours are fine - your kidney function is on the low side which is fine, it is when it is on the high side that you have to worry.

Cynthia L.
on 9/6/11 10:10 am - Clarence, NY
Thanks for that last line, especially...about the kidney function.  Low is ok, high is bad.  I didn't know that. 

I'll make sure to keep my protein around 100. 

-Cyn

Most Active
Recent Topics