I cannot eat! I cannot sleep

ALMOST there !.
on 9/6/11 8:49 pm - MI
My oldest son was tragically killed in an auto accident on 8/27, exactly one week before he was scheduled to deploy. I initially had my RNY in 2007 and revised on 8/8/11. I cannot eat, I cannot sleep.. I am going thru the motions but  still cannot eat/keep much down. I have contacted my surgeon, I am staying hydrated. I was losing a pound a day, but that has stopped right now, at least I think so. My brain is mush. Now that the funeral is over, I need a swift kick in arse to get back into food mode.
I feel better now that I have confessed my poor eating this past week and half.
Margaret
Ads by GoogleAds by Google
Dee2011
on 9/6/11 9:22 pm - PA
Sorry for your loss.  I'm glad to hear you are staying hydrated but I would definitely call your surgeon and/or PCP and see if they could help you.  You and your family are in my prayers.  Blessings.
DisneyLover
on 9/6/11 11:31 pm - WI
I am so sorry for your loss. 

Sarah

laura_vermont
on 9/6/11 11:58 pm
I am so sorry for your loss.  Honestly, I can't imagine what you're going through.  Please seek professional help to aid your greiving process & be gentle with yourself.

Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

AnneGG
on 9/7/11 1:20 am
My heart goes out to you- there is no harder loss.

Please do what you can to force yourself to look after your needs, though.

A swift kick in the arse is the last thing you need. I hope you have good loving support available- lots of it.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Ladytazz
on 9/7/11 2:21 am
I am so sorry for your loss.  Get in your fluids and protein and take care of yourself.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

nay07
on 9/7/11 3:03 am - Hazleton, PA

Oh my... I am deeply sorry for your family loss!
Please take care of yourself

cajungirl
on 9/7/11 3:36 am
(((((Margaret))))) sorry for your loss.  My condolences go out to you and your family.

You have been through a lot, please give yourself some time to gather yourself and go through the motions necessary to grieve.  Yes, I do believe calling your surgeon and talking to him is important and staying hydrated by all means.  Is it possible to add in a shake or two per day, so that you are getting some protein in.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

kellyl1202
on 9/7/11 3:49 am
Wow that is so heartbreaking so sorry for your loss. Please take good care of yourself during this so difficult time.

Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

poet_kelly
on 9/7/11 6:42 pm - OH
Oh, no, you don't need a kick in the arse.  You need a hug.  You need somebody to take care of you for a little while.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  I'm not surprised at all that you can eat and can sleep and your brain is like mush.  You're probably still in some shock.   what a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through.

If you're not in therapy now, please think about seeing a therapist.  You need support and help dealing with such an awful loss. 

Try to be real gentle with yourself.  Get your fluids in, have some protein shakes if it's hard to eat.

You'll be in my thoughts.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics