annoyed, people are rude

jennifer W.
on 9/9/11 12:16 am
So last night my son had night terrors galore. Whenever this happens I know he's going to be sleeping in so I also take advantage of the extra hour or two. So I wake up and notice that I have two missed calls within the last 15 minutes. It was the nurse scheduling me for my CT scan. I called her back and she wanted me to be at the hospital in an hour. It takes me 40 minutes to get there plus I had to find a sitter. So I'm rushing around like a crazy person. Sadly I couldn't find a sitter in such short notice. I called her and told her. She was annoyed. She said I can't schedule an appointment for you again then. Then she said why didn't you answer the phone sooner? I told her about my son and She cut me off. It wasn't like I had the appointment scheduled weeks in advance or even a day in advance. So finally I told her anytime Monday and I would have a sitter for sure. She was just rude the entire time.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Dan OBrien
on 9/9/11 12:39 am - FL
Was this your surgeon's nurse?  I would definitely call back and talk to him or the office manager.  That kind of treatment is completely unacceptable.  I am extremely lucky and my doc has a great assistant that is just an MA, but anything you need she gets done for you.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

jennifer W.
on 9/9/11 12:49 am
He has three nurses but the one I talked to was his assistant. I've heard from other patients that she's rude and I never had problems with her until today. I'm going to say something because she was just unpleasant
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
dawney
on 9/10/11 6:08 am

I work in a medical office.  First of all if she were a member of our staff she would have been fired long ago.  The patient is the customer and that is who she ultimately should treat with utmost care.  If I were you I would speak to the office manager first.  I work in an X-ray department.  CT scans are not something you can just call and say be here in a hour.  First of all there is a prep time, and they are scheduled by the patient at a time that is convient for them, not the office.  Secondly I would talk to your surgeon, simply because if he was made aware of the rudness of his assistant he would probably talk to her.

Next time she pulls something like that I would ask to speak to the manager right away, she should know how the assistant is treating their patient's.

kipz303
on 9/10/11 6:40 am
I agree with everyone else! I'm only an MA (almost, finishing up my extern in December..took time off for my RNY) - if we copped that attitude with anyone at school or if our dean found out we were like that on site..we would not be allowed to go back.  

From a patient point of view...oh heck no! I  get snotty MA's all the time, trying to tell me how hard it is to get through the day with rude patients...right....you're still a patient and that behavior is not acceptable. You should talk to the office manager. She's lucky it was not me she was talking to..I would have asked her if it was in her job description to be be rude and uppity ^_^ LOL but thats just me...I don't suggest doing that.

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

Most Active
Recent Topics