pain!!!

emt_amy
on 9/10/11 7:52 pm - MN
Ok, I'm calling the Dr later on but I want to know if anyone else had this....
I just had my surgery on Tuesday and was released Friday, bout the time I got home and after I have been experiencing a random pain in my chest and left shoulder. It lasts for about a second then I am fine. But during I can't really breath or nothing. I so hope it isn't serious.
Any opinion?

avivaps
on 9/10/11 8:37 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
If the pain is just fleeting, it might be residual gas that is used to inflate the abdomen during surgery.  The gas can accumulate under the diaphragm and also give CP and  referred pain (pain felt at a distant location to the cause) in the shoulder tip.  I agree you should call the surgeon's office to double check and if the pain becomes more constant, may be worth a trip to the ER if you can't reach your Dr sooner.

Hope it all settles quickly and hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly.

Andrea.
Pupcake !.
on 9/10/11 9:57 pm - Stranded in, IA
Don't take a chance.  Get ahold of the on call surgeon and report your symptoms.

If you have trouble getting ahold of him.  Call the floor you were on at the hospital.  Ask to talk to a nurse, tell them your symptoms.  They WILL get a hold of the doc if necessary.

Pup RN

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

emt_amy
on 9/11/11 2:16 am - MN
Talked to the nurse, he thinks its referred pain from my diaphragm. Makes sense, he also told me if it happens more than it is to go to the er.
Most Active
Recent Topics