slightly worried......

emt_amy
on 9/12/11 3:40 am - MN
I'm slightly worried bout stuff. I had my surgery on the 6th and haven't really lost any weight. Is this normal? So far none of the step 2 foods make me nauseated. Am I supposed to start losing right away or does it take a while to kick in? I'm trying to get as much water as I can, and also with protein.

ecshumway
on 9/12/11 3:47 am - NY
I had my surgery on Aug 23. I am down 15 pounds maybe a few more. I'm still struggling with getting enough liquid and protein. It sure is a learning experience.

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 3:48 am - Santa Cruz, CA

lol--honey, it ain't an overnight thing!!

1)  sipsipsip, chewchewchew, walkwalkwalk

2) nap as needed

3)  STAY OFF THE FREAKIN' SCALE!!!!

Don't worry;  in six months you'll be laughing about having your panties fall off when you are
walking upstairs, or having to buy jeans that are six sizes smaller.

Best wishes, 

emt_amy
on 9/12/11 3:53 am - MN
Thanks Lynn. I didn't know how long it takes to see something. I know I'm still recovering and stuff but I'm impatient. Lol ill try and stay off the scale.
poet_kelly
on 9/12/11 3:58 am - OH
There isn't really one "normal".  Everyone is different.  Now, if you lose no weight at all in the first two months, that would not be normal.  But it's normal to lose nothing the first week, and it's normal to lose five pounds the first week, and it's normal to lose ten pounds the first week... Normal is a very wide range.

It's wonderful that nothing is making you nauseous so far.  Keep up the good work.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 5:01 am - Boston, MA
 Don't stress, your body is in SHOCK! I gained 15 lbs from the surgery and it took over a week for that to come off, then I dropped another 15 in a week then nothing for 2 weeks.  Every month it's a different pattern.. you can't compare yourself to anyone!  But it will happen, congrats to you and welcome to the losers bench! 
Kathy B.
on 9/12/11 11:10 am - ME
Heeellooooo! It's been a week! Chill out silly girl. Don't weigh yourself for another whole week, at least. It will be ok.

cedarstar
on 9/14/11 10:17 am - Manitoba, Canada
We had our surgery the same day. I had gained about 10lbs with all the gas, etc. I haven't even made it back to pre-surgery weight. It is so soon. My concern right now is getting in enough protein and fluids. The weight will come soon enough! 

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

Most Active
Recent Topics