What's a good Chipotle Burrito Bowl combo?

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 1:04 pm
Hey...

I've always wanted to try Chipotle, and darn it, this weekend I am going to!  I just looked online at the Burrito Bowl and it looks awesome... lots of options.  For those of you who are Chipotle devotees, what's a good combination?  Is the chicken or steak better?  Is their guacamole decent? 

Looking for a starting place... and I cannot wait!  Thank you and happy Thursday to y'all!

tori
lilbear412
on 9/14/11 1:19 pm - MN
 never had the bowl but they look awesome.  it all depends on your tastes.  chipotle meats are made that the pork is not spicey, chicken is mid spicey and steak is the spicest.  My husband eats the steak and i eat the pork.  lol  i used to have a carnita burrito.  OMG i am craving their chips and tomoato/onion salsa all week. lol I am not sure what i would do for the bowl but i will figure that out one of these days.  Let me know what you have?  Oh and you can always ask for a taste before you put anything on your bowl..  think of me when your eating this luscious food please. ha!

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

poet_kelly
on 9/14/11 1:20 pm - OH
I love Chipotle.

I ask for just a  little rice, then get black beans, peppers and onions (although I usually pick out the green peppers because it seems like they are often not cooked quite enough for some reason), cheese and salsa.  Their guacamole is excellent but I skip it most of the time because I don't need the extra calories.  If you want to get the guacamole, I suggest asking for it on the side because they tend to put a huge blob on your bowl and you may not want that much.  It's good though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

fatfreemama
on 9/14/11 1:32 pm - San Jose, CA
I don't like beans so I always get a bowl with extra veggies, two scoops of chicken, mild salsa and a side of guacamole. I never fini**** (but then my kids do). If the kids don't eat it, I throw the leftovers on fresh spinach the next day for dinner. Yummy. We eat there almost once a week.

Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

seashell6417
on 9/14/11 1:43 pm - Gaylord, MN
I do chicken, black beans, veggies, salsa, cheese and sour cream on the side.  I also skip the guacamole because of the calories and I prefer a little sour cream.  Sometimes I have them add lettuce, too.
Tami

InkdSpEdTchr
on 9/14/11 1:47 pm
Here's a link to their nutirtional info www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutritional_information/nutritio nal_information.aspx...build whatever works into your daily calororic plan.

I usually do salad (no dressing) rajas mix, black beans and share the guac with a friend cuz they give you a HUGE scoop.

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Thisisit2011
on 9/14/11 2:05 pm - CA
The barbacoa is devine!  I get very little rice, black beans, barbocoa, mild salsa, cheese and a little sour cream.  I had that this week and got two lunches out of it.  Yum!

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 3:09 am
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is barbacoa?  Is it pork?

tori
Thisisit2011
on 9/15/11 4:30 am - CA
Barbocoa is shredded beef - very tender and moist.  Yum!

SweetLilyAnn
on 9/14/11 3:30 pm - TX
I live about 40 mins away from the closest Chipotle....so when I am near it, I get 2 burrito bowls and they last me FOREVER!!!!!!!! Seriously about 8 meals of yummy. I get black beans double, double chicken (the other I get double steak) and then add veggies, both salsas, pico de gallo and cheese. Their guacamole is wonderful (just a little for me).

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views