Dear Dry Heaving......you blow

jennifer W.
on 9/21/11 9:43 am
This is the second time I've dry heaved. No fun at all! I'm eating very slow and chew chew chewing. The first time was with beef this time chicken
I'm going to assume the chicken was dry because I had some the other day and I was fine. It didn't seem that dry but I guess it was compared to the other day. Does it get better eventually?
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Dan OBrien
on 9/21/11 10:34 am - FL
Definitely.  Cook your meat moist.  My favorite thing to do with chicken is Chicken Marsala.  Pound it out thin coat with flour and cook it in a pan on the stovetop in a bit of olive oil.  After flipping it, pour in the Marsala wine cover and let it steam/simmer for a minute.  It's literally done in minutes.  I usually make a few chicken breasts and chop them up into 2oz portions and wrap them up for lunches.

I never dry heaved, but meatballs got me once.  I made myself throw up by pushing with my stomach muscles because I just felt so crappy.

Meatloaf made moist works well for me, the chicken like I mentioned, fish, scallops, and rare lean steak.

Don't be afraid to make a sauce to help out with the moisture - I got Boutoni (sp?) low fat or fat free alfredo sauce that doesn't taste low fat but adds alot to different dishes.

I'm only a little more than 2 weeks earlier than you (8/1) and it definitely gets better.  And better.  And better.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

SharByTheSea
on 9/21/11 11:48 am
Hi Jennifer...it does get better.  I am almost 5 months out now, had a revision from Band/RNY.  I started with the dry heaves during my second month, but only when I took my meds!  Especially in the evening...didn't last long, but it sure was uncomfortable.  It only happens occasionally now, and I have learned that when I take my bedtime meds, to be sure that I have not had anything to eat for at least 2 hours prior...that seems to help...
Wishing you health & happiness on this journey.
Ciao,
SharByTheSea 

LapBand: 10/2004
RealizeBand: 02/2009
Revision: LapBand/RNY 04/26/2011
jennifer W.
on 9/22/11 3:14 am
I'm glad it gets better. The dry heaving has just been really bad lately.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Hillery82211
on 9/22/11 3:23 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I've had the dry heaves recently in the AM as I'm getting dressed for work.....usually after taking my vitamins (specificly the liquid b complex).  It's weird because there's nothing in my pouch except the vitamins...so there's nothing coming up but a bunch of air and salava.  Makes me want to crawl back into bed after it happens!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Most Active
Recent Topics