17 days postop

Jackie M.
on 9/21/11 11:12 pm - Fairhaven , MA
Had my first nutrition appt yesterday.  Down to 235 from 253. Yaaaaaaay!!  Now can add some pureed foods and am looking forward to it.  A little nervous though.  When I got home i had 1/4 cup ff refried beans. took me a little over a hour to eat it.  Wrong thing i did was when i was almost done I decided to take my two calciium chewie bites and almost through the last one i started to feel it in my chest.  Felt a little sick, had to lay down for a little bit until it went away. Walked around first so i could burp.  I think it was because i ate the calcium to soon after the rf beans.  Any thoughts on that out there?  now i am a little nervous to try and eat anything else. ugh! help! LOL

laura_vermont
on 9/21/11 11:16 pm
I think you're right.  I've been using the chewy calcuim lately to mix things up a bit and I always have them without food -- like a little snack on their own.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Barbara C.
on 9/22/11 1:32 am - Raleigh, NC

Eventually, your pouch will get to a size where you can have the vitamins and the meal at the same time, but that's going to be a while. I'd follow Laura's suggestion and have them between meals until your pouch matures to a point that allows you to have them with a meal.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 195 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 254 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views