Peanut Butter Crepes for Breakfast- Thanks Nik!

Shanneee
on 9/24/11 1:10 am - MN
I am now 8 and a half weeks out and have been madly shopping for all the essential ingredients to make the Bariatric Foodie and Eggface recipes that I have been copying down the last few weeks.  From almond flour to flax seed to liquid smoke to quinoa, my pantry is stocked and ready to make anything that is thrown my way.  Needless to say, my hubby isn't too happy about the $400 I spent on groceries this month.  But I figure it's all "staples" in my new life and should be a lot cheaper going forward. 

Anyways- this morning I decided to try a more simple recipe to start me out.  The only thing I didn't actually have in my kitchen was the egg whites but for a few bucks, I picked some up at Cub last night.  Needless to say it was DELICIOUS!  It was my first time making crepes and if I must say, they turned out beautifully! 

For those of you interested, here's the recipe: 
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/05/peanut-butter-love-haze.html

I made a few minor adjustments and used Better N' Peanut butter instead of regular and inadvertantly used too little splenda in the batter (who knew it took 15 Splenda packets to make 1 1/4 Tbsp?)  But they turned out perfect!  I figured out the calories/fat/protein for them, too.  If you use the batter to make 6 thin crepes they are better really thin anyways) with filling, each should be 5 grams of fat, 94 calories, 6.35 grams of protein, 3.6 carbs, and only 1 gram of sugar!  For those of you tracking sodium, it only has 151 mg. 

Not a bad deal!  I must have a bigger pouch than Nik because I had 2 and a piece of bacon, but am very pleased with my first "new recipe" cooking efforts. 

Thanks again, Nik!

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 9/24/11 1:49 am - Belleville, IL
I LOVE Nik and her recipes! They have been a Godsend to so many WLS folks! Haven't tried the PB Crepes yet, but all her stuff is so awesome.

Same with Eggface too! Didn't mean to leave any of them out.

Warmly,
Jackie

lilbear412
on 9/24/11 2:59 am - MN
 nummy thats sounds so good.  I love these two places for recipes.  I also have spent like $500 on groceries this month and warned my husband that meat is now a staple not a treat. lol  I bought some quinoa.  Made some of it and put it in the fridge.  Last night i took and cut up some green onions, some garlic and minced some ginger and stir fried it a bit.  Then i stirfried a couple cups of the quinoa in there and addes some frozen peas and some soy sauce.  My husband liked it and i thought it was pretty good also.  Should have added an egg too but forgot.  Made it like a fried rice.  My next thing i want to do is make some egg bites that i found on eggface.  Like bacon/cheese or something.  Only i bought some phyllo dough to put a small piece on the bottom to make them more of a frittata of sorts.  Phyllo dough is no fat and sugar free or low sugar.  and very thin. 
did you get the better n peanut butter at cubs too?  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
Recent Topics