Losing weight before Gastric Bypass

missmuffin2005
on 9/24/11 3:04 am - MN
I'm new to the forum and was wondering what the best way was for you to lose weight before surgery..? Any special foods you ate to help?

Lisa R.
on 9/24/11 3:56 am - CA
 That depends?  Are you pre op. meaning are you going to have surgery soon, or are you just looking to lose weight rather then get surgery?  Does your doctor require you to lose weight on your own to qualify for surgery?  

If you are just looking for ways to lose weight this might not be the place you want to get that information.  People who are going to have or have already had the RNY procedure have very different diet needs then those who are just looking to lose weight with out surgery.

I just say this because I want you to get the best help you can and the information that you need.  This site is for people considering surgery and who has already had it done.  Your post makes it sound like you just want to lose some weight.  Which is great, but there are other place that could give you better info.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
lilbear412
on 9/24/11 6:41 am - MN
 did your doctor put you on a diet for pre surgery?  i was on a full liquid diet of sorts for about 9 days and then a liquid diet for a day.  I ate SF jello, drank water, broth and some other things.  
when is your surgery?  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 432 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views