Job interview tomorrow!

Paula F.
on 9/25/11 9:15 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Hi all!

I think this is kind of my first NSV.  I have been a stay at home mom for the last 11yrs, but have stayed active in my field through my professional organizations. 

This past week, out of the blue, I got a phone call asking if I was interested in going back to work.  I had been recommended by a friend for this position.   I had thought going back to work before, but felt very uncomfortable about my size.  I am a dental assistant and all of you know how darn small those rooms are, plus hovering over patients is a back breaker and I wasn't sure I could handle it.  I'm still not entirely sure because of the lingering left side pain I have.

Well, tomorrow is my interview!  I spent today updating my resume, crafting a thank you letter, and dreaming what it might be like to work in my field again.  I am not the only candidate for this position, but how nice to be excited about something again!

Now, if I can just figure out a way to get my kids home from school on those days, if I get it.  The after school care program is full and we don't have many people that live close to us.

So excited
Paula
scottswife1997
on 9/25/11 9:55 am - Ardmore, OK
Good luck on your interview!
Holly

nicp28
on 9/25/11 10:06 am - weston, MI
Good luck to you! That is so exciting. Either way it gets you back into the swing and gives you interview experience.
lilbear412
on 9/25/11 11:23 am - MN
 aawwwee thats so awesome.  congrats and lucky you.   i understand how you feel.  i interviewed about 2 weeks ago for a job. I have basically been a stay at home mom for years also. My oldest is 17 almost 18 and really she doesn't need me home anymore.  I did daycare because it was easy.  this job I GOT will be a dream job for me i hope and only part time so i can finally get out of the house sometimes.   
Hope all goes well for you and i will be sending you good vibes.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Paula F.
on 9/25/11 11:36 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Samantha L.
on 9/25/11 12:17 pm - Petaluma, CA
Good luck!!  That is so exciting!