It's been a while

MrsFreund
on 9/26/11 12:57 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey OH family. Its been a while since I posted. Well let me give yall the low down, My husband left me one month after surgery so needless to say im three months out and down almost 70lbs and havent had one day to enjoy my success. I haven't bought any new clothes and I hardly look at my self in the mirror. Every time I see people even in big frompy clothes im told how good I look. Why don't I see it. Why don't I care. It's crazy because I'm not sad about my husband leaving he was abusive in many ways. I just feel like he took me with him.

sjweiser
on 9/26/11 1:07 am
 Hi and congrats on the weight lose. I would recommened buyong some new clothing for youself.
It made me feel real good when i bought new clothing. Since I reached my goal weight I like dressing nice for myself. 
Sorry to here about your husband leaving you. Also remember be proud of youself  what we
have do with this WLS. I am happy for your for losing the 70 LBS.

Steven
Waysta
on 9/26/11 1:28 am - TX
You had this surgery to get healthy.....mental well-being is all about being healthy, too.  Pick yourself up and get out and about.  Buy new clothes (or go to Good Will), get up and get going....you are worth it.  Life is TOO short to be miserable !!!!!   Good Luck  and let us know how you are doing.....we care.
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
dlo2
on 9/26/11 1:29 am - Brandenburg, KY
Going through WLS is tough enough, and now dealing with your husband leaving you I can't imagine how you are dealing with all of that.  Have you considered a counselor.  You have had many changes in your life in a very short time.  Counseling may help.  I am so sorry you are going through all of this.  I highly recommend you getting some help for yourself.  Depression is nothing to mess around with. 

SweetLilyAnn
on 9/26/11 2:26 am - TX
I am out three months too and I can't imagine being left by my husband and dealing with the nuances of this surgery. BUT if he was abusive....then good riddance. Maybe this is for the best so you can have your NEW LIFE!!!! Don't let him impact your life anymore. He did NOT take you with him when he left - don't give him that power. Don't let his leaving make you not care anymore about yourself. You are giving him too much power over you. You are the only one who has power over yourself. Not him and DON'T GIVE IT TO HIM. He is gone, you are there in all of your glory (less 70 lbs Get some new clothes, go to a counselor and make this journey about YOU not him. He does NOT deserve you. NO way.....no how...

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

christinalee
on 9/26/11 2:36 am - At Home in, NH
I think you do care, otherwise you wouldn't have posted, right? I've only been divorced twice (ahem), so I'm no expert, but perhaps you are not exactly feeling like he took you with him, but rather that he took the life you knew away. Regardless of how abusive or vile the relationship was, it was a relationship and it ended. It's sad. And it's okay to be sad or care or grieve...for a while.

You probably don't see the 70 pound loss because you only see what poundage is left (like when I look at my sharpei thighs and physically cringe), but you know you've gotten smaller. Come on! Your earlobes are looking marvelous! Your slim wrists are a beauty to behold. Your towel now fits better 'round you now doesn't it? Find those awesome things that make you you and revel in the newer, better you.

My divorce counselor (years and years ago), reminded me of an old saying that goes something like, "we never wish bad things on people (like ex-husbands), but we don't mind standing by and watching when bad stuff happen to them." I'm sure I butchered that saying, but I found, in my cir****tance, that a bit of revenge/avenging was great for my soul. So perhaps let feeling better about yourself and admiring the weight you've lost be that little bit of avenging.

Geez, it really is no wonder why I never remarried, eh? Twice bitten, forever shy...

So I say, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and buy some fitting clothes! Revel in yourself! And change your display name...you don't need to be Mrs. Anyone anymore (even if Freund does means friend in German).

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views