Heading to another WLS seminar.

danvet
on 9/28/11 7:05 am
 I attended a weight loss seminar at Alexian Brothers this last Saturday and tonight I am attending another one through Centegra.  

I kind of feel like I should really go to at least two before I make a commitment to one.  I have a surgical consult on 10/24 with Alexian and hope to be able to obtain a surgical consult much sooner with Dr. Heydari at Centegra. 

Is it just me or does it feel like time is drags on really slow since making the final decision to pursue weight loss surgery?  Any advice?  I am beyond ready as I've been toying with the idea for about 4 years.  

I saw my primary care doctor Monday and they are on board with my decision to have the surgery so that was a relief.  

Is it wrong to feel over anxious and have the forms filled out and ready to turn in tonight??

wisaluv
on 9/28/11 7:22 am - Pueblo, CO
No way I felt the same way!  I wanted it done right away.  lol  I also researched it for years so when I made my decision I was like give me a date people.  lol

tiffers1971
on 9/28/11 9:21 am - IN
I think most everyone feels the "I'm ready RIGHT NOW!" I went for my seminar on a Tuesday night in June, took the forms home filled them out and called for my first appointment the next day! HA! And you're right, at first it seems like it will take forever to get through the process, but i have to say, mine has really just flown by. The appointments with my bariatric physician, nutrionist, behavorial therapist, EGD, Sleep Study, excercise tests all scheduled in one week to two week increments and the next thing i knew the 3months was up and i'm meeting my surgeon this coming monday and receiving my surgery date! take the time to really get to know yourself and put to use the skills and tools you are learning along the way. you will be so much happier when it finally gets to the end and you really feel mentally prepared for the new life you are starting! Good luck and enjoy the ride!!
Tiffany 

dasie
on 9/28/11 6:38 pm
I went to 4 seminars and 2 more scheduled.  The first seminar I attended was the surgeon I chose.  I knew when I left he would be my surgeon based upon personal criteria I had.  I kept going to seminars because I was overwhelmed with the insurance process and process itself.  I needed to satisfy within my self that I had chosen the best program for me.

danvet
on 9/28/11 10:42 pm
 Well, the seminar was good.  I am torn because the surgeon who does all the surgeries has done about 1,000 surgeries.  The first surgeon at the first seminar has done about 4,000 of the surgeries.  Their complication rates and mortality rates are about the same.  I just didn't get that nice warm and fuzzy feeling from the seminar last night and they put all the burden on the patient to obtain all the records.  I'm a nurse and feeling frustrated and don't know if it's a plus or major downfall to know so much.

I kind of expected that the surgeon would take care of the letter of medical necessity and guide me through the program.  Even though the other surgeon is a little further away, maybe 15 miles rather than in my town I think I'm going to go with the one that's a little further away.  I just felt like that was right.

Did you experience any of those feelings?  Ugh!!!  So many decisions!!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views