sensitive thyroid test???

Day_dream_believer
on 9/29/11 9:30 am
I have been hypo for years.  I had my thyroid retested about a week ago and the Dr. said everything was fine.  Today I got a call from the nurse who said that the Dr. wanted to make an appointment to go over my thyroid sensitive test results.  She told me my thyroid was a little low.  When I ask her the numbers she told me it was 28.48.    If that is my TSH then my numbers aren't low but high.  I got the idea that this was a new nurse and she didn't really know what was going on.  I can't get in to see the Dr. for 3 weeks. 

My question is have you ever heard of the thyroid sensitive?(nurses words)  Are the recommended levels different with this test?

KatCooper
on 9/29/11 10:43 am - Collierville, TN
 I think maybe she is confusing Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)  with senstiive instead of stimulating.  Yes, 28.48 is high.  I would give them a call back and see if they can fax you the results. You might also see if you can speak with a different nurse and get some clarification. The person you spoke with might not have actually been a nurse, but office staff.  Good luck!!!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Day_dream_believer
on 9/29/11 11:16 pm, edited 9/29/11 11:17 pm
Thank you, My daughter has an appointment today so I am going to ask for a copy of my test results. I like to have them for my records anyway.

dasie
on 9/29/11 8:21 pm

Could she have been talking about thyroid antibodies? 

Day_dream_believer
on 9/29/11 11:19 pm
That may be it.  It is the numbers that are concerning me.  I am going to ask for a copy of the results today.  Thank you.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 378 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 197 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 221 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics