Accepting ALL ADVICE!!!

Cream82
on 9/29/11 12:51 am

Good Morning OH!!!

I need help, I had surgery on 06/29/2011 and have only lost 40lbs (with preop diet 70lbs). I don't know if what I am doing is hindering my weight loss or if I have just been in a 4 week stall.  I feel hungry alot, but when I put something in my mouth I'm full and feel nauseated.  I pick eat, what I mean by that is that I can have a plate of food and just eat bits of it through out the day and that is it.

I want to do better... Tomorrow I am going grocery shopping and want to get some good and healthy snacks and food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Please give me your advise, I would like recipes, snack suggestions and whatever advice you may have.

Thank you and have a blessed day!!!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!!    
mrslatch
on 9/29/11 1:10 am - Fort Campbell, KY
About how many calories are you getting in a day? Most importantly are you at least getting in your protein and water?
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Cream82
on 9/29/11 1:26 am
No I have not... I know... I should have been still drinking my shakes since I cant really eat much.  Today I started again, even though they make me sooo nauseated. I drunk it in my coffee being that is the only way I can get it down, and I don't even like coffee.  Im going to do better. I get probably about 450-500 calories in a day.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!!    
LadyOnna
on 9/29/11 1:49 am - IL
Everyone is telling me to try this "Syntax Nectar" protein drinks......my sister had RNY 4 years ago and she just found these too and says they are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just ordered some and they should be in on Friday.....maybe this would help you get your protein in!
moving-on
on 9/29/11 2:20 am - Rimrock, AZ
One thing i would suggest is that when making protein drinks, blend them with ice. I have a magic bullet at home and work, because I love it. I feel when I drink my protein shake it is like a milk shake. Very often people and some prefer it this way, just put it over ice and shake. GAG!! Just an idea. At three mos, i also had a hard time eating, did an endo and no aswers. It just finally worked itself out. But I would suggest trying hard to get your protein in some way. My breakfast is always a protein drink. Have you tried the cottage cheese salad, with sf coolwhip and dry jello mixed in. You can add a few slivered almonds or some blueberries anything you like. Good source of protein. (it is the only way i will eat cottage cheese How about string cheese, canned chicken, tuna, eggs.
Good luck.
Debbie
Moving on to better health        
LaToya S.
on 9/29/11 2:44 am - Edwardsville, IL
Ok- first thing I noticed is that you state that you have lost 40lbs but your tracker says 0lbs....go fix this :-)

Now to the serious stuff---(Please note that I have not had suregery yet but I am pulling from other people and what I have been reading)
#1- are you drinking all your water?
#2- are you eating your protein first before other foods?
#3- is thier a dietician on staff where you had your surger? if so please give them a call. They can help you and make suggestions.
#4- are you doing any kind of physical activity?

It will get better and I would start by reaching out to a dietician 1st.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

mrslatch
on 9/29/11 4:40 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Girl, get the protein in! No excuses! I like to blend mine with ice like a previous poster mentioned. You can docto
r them up and make them taste good! I look forward to my shakes this way!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Bonnie Reinhardt
on 9/29/11 5:13 am - Anaheim, CA
RNY on 06/23/11 with
I use Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast...for my protein when my pouch is acting up.  These are so much better tasting then Protein Drinks.  It may not be as much protein, but it is better then not getting any.  And if I am able to get all of this down compared to a few sips of something else, I end up with more protein.  Also, beens with fat-free cheese and some light sour cream always go down well for me.  Those are the two things I always keep on-hand.

Good luck, and hope more people respond with some heathy foods.  I know I could use the suggestions too!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 221 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 230 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 12 views
Recent Topics