Ten days, no weight loss

tessac
on 10/4/11 9:03 am
I am 22 days out of surgery and have lost a total of 14 lbs. Over the last 10 of these days, I only lost 1 lb. I am mostly just drinking, having had a total of 5 pureed/soft foods. I've been told that my body thinks its starving and that's why I'm not losing weight. If this is true, how long does it usually take to start losing again?
 TJ    
SweetLilyAnn
on 10/4/11 9:33 am - TX
Welcome to the week three stall. It happened to me. You will get moving again. Just go about your day and try not to weigh....it's hard, but it will end.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Dave Chambers
on 10/4/11 11:56 am - Mira Loma, CA
This is a process that takes far longer than 22 days.  In the coming months, you may have 2-3 weeks with no wt loss. Some post ops lose 2-3 pounds a week on a steady basis, some do not.  Stick with your surgeon's protocol, and that includes daily exercise.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

cathy1314
on 10/4/11 12:44 pm
You are not alone. Week 4 and the scale dropped 1lb. Staying focused and trying not to allow the fear take control is key. Time to find something active to distract ourselves. Mine will be a Fall Hike enjoying the cooler weather.
Loveshinesthru
on 10/4/11 6:19 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I have not lost since 8 days after surgery. I am 4 weeks out.  I did lose 20 lbs right away but nothing since then. I do not exercise. But I have noticed my clothes getting looser on me even though the scale is not moving. Ive been told while you are not losing weight you are losing inches and then the scale will move, then it wont and you will lose inches, then the scale will move.. etc..  SO yes it sucks the scale hasnt moved but my clothes are getting looser and thats what counts. lol.  your body is saying whats going on?? so it needs to catch up.. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

jenblove
on 10/5/11 7:30 am - NC
Hang in there! I'm going through the same thing and I'm trying not to get discouraged, too! I'm on day 16 and the scale hasn't moved in four days. From what I understand it has to do with your body adjusting...I keep telling myself that it obviously comes off at some point, who ever heard of someone only losing 20 pounds after gastric bypass!
Aunttai63
on 10/5/11 1:23 pm - Hillsboro, OR
 I just had this issues and I thought I would go crazy and was thinking "I did this for what reason???"   Everyone kept telling me I will get over it but I was still upset.  BUT after 3 weeks of not losing any weight this week I finally started losing again.  Just beleive in what your doing is for the best and don't lose faith it will start I can tell you first hand.  My surgery was 8/10/2011.   Tari
tessac
on 10/5/11 2:52 pm
Thanks everyone for your response. It feels so much better to hear that I am not alone in this experience. I purposefully did NOT weigh today.
 TJ    
Most Active
Recent Topics