Filling
2 apple sliced
1/2c raisins
1c unsweetened apple juice
2t cinnamon
1T lemon juice
2t cornstarch

350F preheat oven

Combine all crust Ingredients and press half of mixture into bottom of a 9 inch nonstick pan and bake 5mins remove from oven and set Side

Raise oven to 375F

In saucepan combine apples and raisins, apple juice cinnamon, lemon juice and cornstarch And boil for 5 mins

Remove apples and raisins placing them in the prepared crust and reduce liquid until thick,approx 5 mins

Pour liquid into crust and top with the remaining crust mixture

Bake 30 mins

Now with mine I will Add splenda to my crust mixture

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per serving 145 cal fat 1g protein 3g sodium 30mg fiber 4g carb 31g

If u prefer tart apple crisp try granny smith Apples
For a softer texture try fuji apples
And for an intense apple flavor add bromley apples
Or a blend of different types of apples

regina71
on 10/3/11 10:12 pm
Thank you for sharing this recipe!  I love applecrisp and this gives me  way to enjoy it!
xopammi
on 10/3/11 11:06 pm - VA
Sounds good!  What cookbook and where did you find it?

Thanks
Pam
RainDiva
on 10/4/11 1:23 am
I can't wait to try this recipe and I bought the book on ebay I think for 10.00 free shipping

I like the book however only a little of the book is recipes the rest is information about the actually surgery so if you are not a newbie to this process there are better books. I will try to post a different recipe a day on here. I did find an all recipe book for 21.95 can't remember the name of it right now I am at work. The only thing I wish I could find is a recipe book that listed recipes in phases like liq phase soft food phase etc

Barbie F.
on 10/4/11 3:46 am - ME
  mmmm i've been looking for a good recipe for apple crisp, my grandkids picked grammie a big ole bag of apples.. so im goin to try this.. im goin to make a big ole double batch of it!!!  i bet the husband an grandkids wont know its all good for them..lol.. my son well he will eat anything that doesnt eat him first.. thank you for sharing..

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views