hungry while drinking?

CHELLEYGIRL
on 10/5/11 10:09 am, edited 10/5/11 10:16 am - PALMDALE, CA
Sometimes I will get hungry during the time when I am drinking my fluids. The problem is by the time I wait my 30 min before eating Im not hungry anymore. What can I do to help this?? Do I wait 30 min before i eat?  Thanks for any responce!

I am about 8 weeks out, and can eat anything but salad and raw veggies.!

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Monique A.
on 10/5/11 10:50 am
I am hungry before and long after my meals....not getting the sense of fullness yet. ARGHHHH.....just like a regular old diet days.
I was told to wait only 10-15 to drink before a meal and an hour after.

Lori P.
on 10/5/11 11:41 am - Kenosha, WI
If the hunger passes before you are able to eat....I would suspect the the hunger you feel is not true hunger (as in your body really requires food) ...but more a craving or head hunger..( as in you WANT something but your body does not really NEED it). 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Carol M.
on 10/5/11 11:43 am - TX
Most of the time I drink almost up until the time I ea****er or any other fluid is not going to stay in the pouch since it doesn't have a pyloric valve. Food doesn't move through as fast a water, thus the reason for waiting after we eat. But even you are not hungry, you need to eat as much protein as you can at your meal time. Otherwise, you will not get your "system" set for when to expect to eat and that will lead down a real slippery slope quickly. Eating when we "felt" (really just head hunger) hungry (most Americans have never experienced a real hunger pain) is what led to us having surgery in the first place. JMHO

poet_kelly
on 10/5/11 11:56 am - OH
There is no reason to wait  30 minutes before you eat.  Don't drink with your meal and don't drink for at least 30 minutes after eating, but there is no reason not to drink right up 'til you are ready to eat.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CHELLEYGIRL
on 10/5/11 2:42 pm - PALMDALE, CA
Thanks for all your feedback!

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics