Insurance Pre Auth Frustration

timchase01
on 10/6/11 1:18 pm
I just needed a place to vent so I hope you guys don't mind.  My Doctor's office submitted my paperwork off to insurance on 9/26 and it is still pending waiting for approval.  Everyone I know has had their approval in 5 days and I'm almost to 2 weeks.  It's very frustrating.  Has anyone else had to wait this long for their approval?  I know my surgery isn't the most important thing in their life, but it definitly is the most important in mine.  Ugh.
A. C
on 10/6/11 1:36 pm
vent away! sorry you are having a hard time : /
i don't know much about insurance authorizations, so i can't give any advice.. but hang in there! and give 'em hell!
maimeem71
on 10/6/11 1:43 pm - ID

Vent away for sure. I can understand the frustration of waiting for your new life to began. I am completing insurance requirements and when I ask questions they act all calm and like I have all the time in the world. It's really hard and since your are almost to the finish line I can completely understand why it is frustrating. Keep your head up.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/6/11 1:47 pm
My insurance company actually told me it could take up to 30 days for them to review and decide. Sheesh. Fortunately, it only took a week or so. I would recommend calling the company and finding out the name of the nurse reviewing your file and ask to speak to him or her.
MarineMomX2
on 10/6/11 2:34 pm - Dallas, TX
It doesn't hurt to call your insurance office and ask the status of your pre-certification.  Mine dilly/dallied around two weeks and I found out they weren't getting what they needed from my surgeons office.  Reason...someone was on vacation.  I asked for some help and another nurse in the office sent in what the insurance office was looking for.  30 mins to get the fax to them...another hour and they had my approval.  lol, called the surgeon's office and had my date in just a few minutes. 

Never hurts to stay on them!  Good Luck!
"Suck it up...you're a Marine Mom"   Lets do this!!          
erikapoindexter
on 10/6/11 10:24 pm - VA
I agree with calling the insurance company to ask! Definitely can't hurt and maybe they need something minor and you can push the request through faster!
Good luck!
Starting weight, 379lbs
Current weight, 175lbs, lowest weight 155lbs

Gastric Bypass: January 4, 2004
Lower body lift: January 2005
Arm and Breast Life: October 2005
Sunbunnyqt
on 10/7/11 1:19 am - FL
My surgeon's office claimed they had to fax my package twice. This was after I called the insurance company and they said they did not have the package. Anyway, I would suggest you call your insurance that deals with pre-certs and make sure they have it. You can ask for the case number opened for this pre-cert request. This at least will give you peace of mind that it has been received and it will hopefully raise the priority of the request.
timchase01
on 10/7/11 1:07 pm
 YEAH!!!  After two weeks they finally approved it today!!!  I get my pre op tests done next week, already done the over night pulse oximeter test which will help, and then on to my two week clear liquid diet.  I'm so excited.  Surgery should be sometime around halloween.  :)
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 140 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?