Filling
2 apple sliced
1/2c raisins
1c unsweetened apple juice
2t cinnamon
1T lemon juice
2t cornstarch

350F preheat oven

Combine all crust Ingredients and press half of mixture into bottom of a 9 inch nonstick pan and bake 5mins remove from oven and set Side

Raise oven to 375F

In saucepan combine apples and raisins, apple juice cinnamon, lemon juice and cornstarch And boil for 5 mins

Remove apples and raisins placing them in the prepared crust and reduce liquid until thick,approx 5 mins

Pour liquid into crust and top with the remaining crust mixture

Bake 30 mins

Now with mine I will Add splenda to my crust mixture

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per serving 145 cal fat 1g protein 3g sodium 30mg fiber 4g carb 31g

If u prefer tart apple crisp try granny smith Apples
For a softer texture try fuji apples
And for an intense apple flavor add bromley apples
Or a blend of different types of apples

tamara55
on 10/6/11 8:42 am
 That sound deli**** reminded me of a great recipe I've been enjoying from Hungry Girl (Lisa Lillien) and well suited to my lazy ways:

Red Hot Apple Pie in a Mug

• 1 medium Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 12 to 15 pieces Red Hots Cinnamon Flavored Candy
  • 1/2 sheet (2 crackers) low-fat cinnamon graham crackers
  • 2 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping (from an aerosol canister), or more for optional topping
  • Dash cinnamon
  •  
  • Directions

Put apple cubes in a microwavable cup or mug. Top with Red Hots. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well. Re-cover and microwave for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until apple cubes are soft.

Meanwhile, place graham crackers in a plastic bag and thoroughly crush through the bag; set aside.

Once cup or mug is cool enough to handle, mix contents well. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.

Top with most of the crushed graham crackers followed by the whipped topping. Add an extra serving of whipped topping, if you like.

Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and remaining crushed grahams. Voila!

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 140 calories, 0.5g fat, 44mg sodium, 47g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 24.5g sugars, 0.5g protein

azreggie
on 10/6/11 8:50 am - Tucson, AZ
I love Hungry Girl.  I've been DVRing her show.  Love it.

Reggie

Kathleen W.
on 10/6/11 10:02 am - Lancaster, PA
Rain Diva and Tamara,  may I make a suggestion for you both?  These are really good receipes and I had an idea that others might like to have them.  Maybe think about putting them on the main mb.  It's just an idea now that we're into the fall season and apples being plentiful.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active
Recent Topics