WLS hoop jumping started!!!

Cecilia W.
on 10/7/11 2:41 am - Northport, AL
RNY on 02/06/12
Hi everyone!

Today was my first surgeon's visit. He was great! He went over the complications and risks and since I have been stalking this forum for weeks and reading everything I can get my hands on, I was pretty well up to speed with it.  He seemed very relieved that I was on top of this stuff, so the visit was short and sweet. Now the fun stuff (sarcasm is my middle name)

1. Sleep study
2. Psychological testing (I guess I need the voices in my head to keep quiet for this one )
3. Nutritionist

Also, while he did not give a specific amount, he did say he wanted me to try and start losing weight. He explained the whole fatty liver thing, and while I understand the principle, it does seem silly to go on a diet for WLS!! LOL

Also 2 weeks before surgery, I will be going on the ever so lovely liquid diet. Funny thing is, I am actually kinda looking forward to that. I seem to be better at strict diets. The extreme restrictions actually make me be good! (I know, I am weird)

So, anyways, when all is said and done, I hope you guys have a seat on the loser's bench for me in early January!!! I am super excited!!!
Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 10/7/11 4:45 am - Houston, TX
Whooo hoooo! Let the fun begin. Congrats to you starting your journey! I will save ya a seat on the losers bench ;)
 Follow my blog at:
onmyweightohappiness.blogspot.com/                             

Most Active
Recent Topics