Suggestions for Meals Now that I am on Solid Food

LuckyTracy
on 10/11/11 5:00 pm - Highlands Ranch, CO
I need some help.  I just started being able to eat solid foods.  The only real advice that I got was to eat protien before carbs, veggies etc.  and to limit the portion size to 2oz or 1/4 cup.

I also need to mention that I had a bleeding ulcer 2 weeks ago, and I am really worried about maybe causing more harm to my all ready finicky stomache.  I had to get 3 units of blood and do not want to repeat that ever again,

So can anyone tell me what a typical day looks like for you when you began the solid food stage.  The only allergies I have are citrus.  Would just like to know how everyone gets in the protein, without eating too many calories and also eats healthy.

Too many years of being a junk food aholic has ruined all of my sensible nutrition advice.

Thank you.

Loveshinesthru
on 10/11/11 5:04 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I dont know anything about the ulcer stuff but check out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com  she has tons of recipes and has been blogging since the beginning of her journey.  

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

poet_kelly
on 10/11/11 5:51 pm - OH
Well, I eat much larger amounts than you do, since I am much further out.  I usually eat about a cup of food at a time and usually eat six meals a day.

Breakfast is usually a protein shake or protein bar.

Morning snack is usually yogurt, sometimes fruit, sometimes cheese.

Lunch is usually leftovers from last night.  Stuff like vegetarian chili, some sort of beans, a big salad, homemade soup.

Afternoon snack might be more yogurt, or fruit, or nuts.  Occasionally something without much protein, like today I had popcorn.

Dinner is one of the things I listed for lunch, or sometimes it's scrambled eggs, sometimes a slice of pizza, or a burrito bowl at Chipotle.

Evening snack is usually a protein shake or bar, sometimes leftover stuff from dinner.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MaryMargaret C.
on 10/11/11 8:59 pm, edited 10/11/11 8:59 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Good Morning!

I too had a bleeding ulcer, so I know what you are going through. Before we get into food ideas, please remember to take your medication seriously. Mine needed to be spaced apart, timed with no foods or vitamins in between. If you are not sure, please call your pharmacist, in an endeavor to ensure you will absorb what you can properly.

You want to keep it simple, light and bland. Greek yogurt, FF refried beans, cheese, ricotta cheese/spaghetti sauce, applesauce, diet jello/popsicles. I drank my share of protein shakes (still do) in order to ensure I get enough protein in. I was happy as a lark drinking the shakes and although my brain wanted to eat, it wasn't too fussed if I did or not. I concentrated on keeping my liquid intake at 64 oz and my protein intake between 60-80 g per day.

I hope this info helps. If you need to talk, please add me as a friend and PM me.

All the best,

MM

Mary Catherine
on 10/11/11 11:07 pm
 I make a small steak, porkchop, chicken thigh, or piece of fish.  At the beginning that was more than enough food, sometimes enough for three days.  Now I can usually finish an entire pork chop at one time.  You can add a little cauliflower, celery, carrots, onion, peapods or other low carb vegtables.  Skip the potato, rice and noodles until you have lost all your weight.  They will slow you down immensely, especially as you get further out.

The dense protein will fill you very quickly.  Chew well and take your time eating.
Most Active
Recent Topics