5 days post-in. STILL in hospital because of heart rate

asiaisacontinent
on 10/14/11 9:15 am - MI
So I had my RNY Monday October 10th. Yayyyy!!!!!! I had absolutely no complications, not even gas! It was the simpeletest experience you could have imagined.

BUT I started having a problem with my heart rate, every time I would walk or move around it would shoot up to the 150's/160's whereas my resting hear trate (and normal hear trate for people)  is 60-100.

The hospital kept me for FIVE DAYS not because of my RNY but running blood work, cat scans xrays, ultrasounds etc etc etc to figure out my jumping heart rate, all with no answer!!!! UGhhhh! Every morning for 3 mornings I was promised "todays the day!" that I was going home, but it felt like it was never going to come!! :(

Anyone else have anything like that???

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board 

Eliza55
on 10/14/11 9:18 am - PA
My heart rate wasn't high, it was low - typically 55, so the heart rate monitor went off constantly. But I did get to go home on time -
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Price S.
on 10/14/11 9:53 am - Mills River, NC
My heart rate was fine but I couldn't get my oxygen level up.  They did end up letting me come home but only because my hubby has oxygen here so if I needed it, I could use his.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

rebeccaj
on 10/14/11 9:56 am - Bowling Green, KY
 Everytime I moved in or out of my bed my heart rate raised above 100.... when I was resting it was high 90s-100.  Nurse said it was not  that unusual since we could pinpoint what caused it to jump above 100... searing pain.  Good luck and hopefully you will be able to go home soon!

mzjazziecal
on 10/14/11 10:10 am - Waukegan, IL
Hi my name is Jazzie and I just had my surgery on the tenth a well and I got out yesterday. I had a fever and couldn't pee on my own. So when my fever went down and they ran an urinalysis test and I ended up having an uti. It's a rough, but I'm glad I did it. Best of luck to u.
D-J
on 10/14/11 10:58 am
yes i had these problems too,, i had just gotten home and had to go back to the hospital the next day with fast irratic heartbeat,,they kept me and did tests(echo gram cat scan and blood work)they put me on topral and said it was not uncommon for this type of surgery.
Lisa E.
on 10/14/11 12:12 pm - Fontana, CA
 While I was in the hospital my heart rate was elevated so they kept me an extra day to rule out internal bleeding my surgeon told me sometimes elevated heart rate can be a sign of bleeding in surgical site.. Hope you get it figured out, Better to find out whats going on before you go home.
Good Luck, Lisa     

Most Active
Recent Topics