BMI...I know...BUt a question

Nessy2976
on 10/18/11 11:51 pm - MD
 I am 9 weeks out and the first bowel movement I had was, well, lets just say almost impossible.  So I take benefiber now everyday and that works GREAT!!  My question is this:  Since my RNY my bowel movements are very light, not brown, is this normal? I eat a lot of salads now too and veggies.
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
jazzycatz
on 10/19/11 12:14 am - Joppa, MD

The difficult bowel movements are common.  Benefiber is great but make sure you keep you liquids up.  Otherwise fiber can make it really hard and quite painfull.  I take a dose of Miralax a day, 2 stool softeners and 500mgs of magnesium twice a day with my calcium to keep things moving.

I am not so sure about the color but I am worried about your eating lots of salads and veggies at only 9 weeks out.  Are you getting in your protein in addition to the salad and veggies? 

Nessy2976
on 10/19/11 12:20 am - MD
 Yep, getting in all my protein too.  I say I eat LOTS, but of course how much can one eat with RNY...lol.  I was always a salad lover and have added it back into my diet and am able to eat a small salad with my protein. I snack on raw veggies, if I snack at all.
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
jazzycatz
on 10/19/11 12:21 am - Joppa, MD

Excellent!  I kinda figured it was something like that but wanted to double check.  Hate to see someone missing their protein. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 136 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views