how do you cook your fish to keep it moist?

Jackie M.
on 10/20/11 1:36 am - Fairhaven , MA
was wondering if anyone had a recipe or an idea to tell me on how to cook white fish.  I want it to be moist.  my surgury was 9/6/2011... any help would be appreciated.  thanks.  Jackie

Dan OBrien
on 10/20/11 2:33 am - FL
I do it in a pan on the stove top.  If it is thick, I'll let it sear on each side and then add some white wine, cover it and let it steam the rest of the way with the wine.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

johnsoca
on 10/20/11 2:40 am - Madison, AL
The main thing is not to overcook it. Fish really doesn't take very long at all to cook. The salmon I had for dinner last night was baked for 13 minutes at 400 degrees. I let ir rest 5 minutes before eating it and it was perfect. It also helps if you add moisture to the fish during the cooking process by using a marinade or glaze. For an oriental flavor, try mixing soy sauce with grated ginger, garlic, and a touch of sesame oil. You can also add a bit of sweetness to this marinade with some pineapple juice or a teaspoon of honey, sugar, or Splenda. For a Mediterranean flavor, use pureed tomatoes, garlic, italian seasoning, and a little bit of olive oil.  Garnish with chopped olives if you like them (I don't.) For a sort of French flavor, pour over some white wine, garlic, and lemon juice and top with some slivered almonds or chopped parsley. You could do a Mexican fish bake with salsa and cilantro. The possibilities are endless!

raesan
on 10/20/11 3:52 am - WI
If your fish is dry, you may be overcooking it. Here's an easy way to see if fish is done. After cooking, stick a fork straight down into your piece of fish. Twist the fork. If the fish is done. it will flake.
I cook salmon like this. season fillet. Spray frying pan with a little pam. Cook fish on one side about a minute. flip fish to other side, and cook in 450 degree oven about 5 minutes. Salmon has oil in the fish, so you do not need to cover it. Do cover your white fish before baking. I season fish lightly with zatarains, and lemon pepper. You can also use yoghurt lightly on top of fish, or poach in milk. I like halibut, talapia, and perch best. Once you master fish cookery, you will be eating it often.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 192 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?