15 months out.....need a little support....

WildHeart101
on 10/21/11 10:52 pm - Lexington, KY
I started this journey at 401.5 lbs.  I had my bypass July 2010 and am down approx 110 lbs.  I have been stuck at the same number...291 for MONTHS.  I know part of it is my fault, I have let a little bit of my old habits kick back in even though I definately do not eat like I used to.  Also, I have found myself drinking sometimes while I'm eating.  I guess I just came here looking for a little bit of support from you all.  I'm not gaining any weight but know that it will be next if I don't put myself in check.  Starting today, I'm going to keep track of my food intake and come here for the support of the board.  Thanks for listening to me.....  :o)
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

gbsinsatx
on 10/21/11 11:31 pm - San Antonio, TX
 You can do it! You know the rules and you have the desire. Today is a new day, lets go... 

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

plum21
on 10/21/11 11:53 pm - Miami, FL
 We have the same surgery date and I was thinking on my three hour walk this morning (it's a gorgeous sunny south florida day) how much my life has changed since surgery. 
I haven't drunk a soda
I haven't eaten fast food
I've had maybe three pieces of pizza  - before I would have had 3 a day...
I exercise  a lot AND i actually like it.

I've had to make different friends and mostly when I choose something, I choose the healthier me, cause I LIKE being thinner. I feel better. I look a lot better and I would say I'm happier.

THis surgery was for me an act of desperation. I was feeling helpless and hopeless and couldn't imagine anything getting better and now I'm so happy to say that's completely reversed. I had to make myself and my health my first priority. That makes my choices easier.

And I still have more weight to lose, and slowly, but surely, I will.

GOod luck.
syarbroG-5
on 10/21/11 11:57 pm
Hey Lady, Just hang in there. You can get to your goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to
MyFItnessPal.com and this is a sure way to help you track your food intake. When you input the item it also helps you to know if you really want to consume what you are about to eat , before you eat it!  I find myself testing some foods to see how they stack up healthwise and see if they are too risky for the plan. Very simple tool that breaks it down for you. It really helps me.

I hope this helps,    
sharon

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WildHeart101
on 10/22/11 1:40 am - Lexington, KY
Thanks everyone!

SweetLilyAnn
on 10/22/11 3:33 am - TX
Cindy we are totally here for you. You know what to do. I understand that one characteristic of those who have gained their weight back is that they drink while they eat - just eliminate the occassional drinking while you eat ....so that is a step in the right direction. One step at a time. YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are here for you.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

NewLissa
on 10/22/11 4:04 am
Hello!
Well we had surgery on the same day and I too have your same feelings. We have lost that "new" feeling and it is so easy to get back in to our old habits... I just recently went to a support group that my hospital offers each month and it helped a lot. Many people in each stage of post-surgery have issues, but we have to make ourselves accountable and push ourselves to get back to the basics. You have to give yourself positive feedback and know that you are worth it! Remember you are not alone in these feelings!! I am "planning" to do the 5 day pouch test to get myself back in to gear! I too need a kick in the butt!!

Sarah108
on 10/22/11 8:06 am - Santa Fe, NM
 Hi Cindy-

I had my surgery Aug 25 2010. I lost 42lbs prior to surgery with a total loss of 158lbs. What sort of exercising are you doing? I think regular exercising is a key to successful weight loss. A really great web site is caloriecount.com.  I start CC at the end of January.  Logging food and exercise is crucial and posting it with an on line support group helps me be accountable.

I would also suggest if you can do a Bod Pod test which measures the % of body fat and % of lean muscle mass. You can google bod pod locators and that way you can find  if there is one near where you live.

One day at a time and never give up.
SoulLips
on 10/22/11 10:32 am - Cloverdale, CA
To lose 110 pounds and to keep it off is no small feat!  I'm sure that your labs are looking better and your health is better with that improvement.  So, don't  underestimate how far you've come!  Now it's time to gear up for a new phase- wipe the slate clear and "start over".  It's time to get back to basics- daily exercise, plenty of water (NOT with your meals), proteins first and cut the carbs. 

Is there anyone you can pair up with to maintain support?  I know that I've found it helpful to talk to a co-worker who has a LapBand.  At times we've made pacts with one another that for 7-10 days we would avoid all sugar, exercise a certain amount, reach a protein goal each day, etc.  We've always chosen to keep the pacts somewhat short and we both use them to re-set healthy patterns for ourselves when we're slipping up.

You can do this... believe in yourself and make it happen!
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

WildHeart101
on 10/22/11 6:28 pm - Lexington, KY
Thanks again to everyone who posted!  You are so awesome! 

Most Active
Recent Topics