Sweetest compliment ever!

LostInMyself
on 11/13/11 3:26 am
I will be six weeks out tomorrow and since my preop I have lost 47 lbs, I am so proud of my progress. However, yesterday i got the sweetest compliment ever, my 9 year old neice was visiting and she had not seen me in several weeks. She took my hand and said, "Aunt G you look like you have lost ten pounds!"  She had a big smile on her face and when i said thank you she said "I am so proud of you!"  She has no concept of how much i have really lost she just knows i have been working on it and she is proud of me! That is the sweetest thing ever. Oh yeah, i did correct her math just for future reference :)

twellington1
on 11/13/11 4:00 am - NH
How sweet. I have a 15yr old niece and I can not wait for her to see me!!  91 lbs today!

Sunbunnyqt
on 11/13/11 6:31 am - FL
That's precious...I don't think I would have even given her a math lesson. The sentiment was clear. From the mouths of babes...
LostInMyself
on 11/13/11 10:26 am
When i corrected her math she was even more precious. We had gone to Sam's Club to get some things and I had to pick up dog food.  I pointed to the 50 lb bag and told her that weighed just a little more then i had lost.  She was amazed, she told the cashier  when we went to check out that i had lost as much weight as the bag of dog food :)  I love that kid! 

HappyMango
on 11/13/11 4:41 pm - FL
Awesome story! Made me smile, thanks so much for sharing!  Keep up the good work too! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics