feeling hungry

patriciacreveling
on 11/18/11 7:46 am
im 2 weeks after bypass, ive lost 20lbs in a week, :) and im on full liquids this week. next week i start pureed foods. im feeling hungry like ive never had the surgery. i have my 5 meals a day at 3oz each and im using my protien powder at each meal. i did have a bad hyaltal hernia, and in my mind im thinking they never did the bypass, just fixed the hernia, and its all in my head that i had the bypass. i know its weird, but because i feel hungry. i  dont know what to do.. any advice will so greatly be appreciated.
A. C
on 11/18/11 7:51 am
i have the exact same thing - i feel hunger. my doctor told me today that SOME people do. i thought that EVERYONE lost their feelings of hunger, their cues, but apparently i was wrong - only some do, and some don't. he said that i was ok
if you're wondering about it, ask your doc when you speak with them next!
on 11/18/11 7:54 am
:-) you'll be surprised when you are able to get in light meals how little you can do. So, be careful. Even if you feell you can get past and take in a few bites-remember within 30 mintues you will know fi yo screwed up and over ate.  Be sure to keep SF Ice Pops in the frig. I went through a lot of these and still do. My surgery was April 2011.  You can do the SF puddings and plenty of water. Drink in broth. It won't be long.
Price S.
on 11/18/11 7:55 am - Mills River, NC
It is probably just head hunger but sorry you are feeling it.  Are you on an acid reducer?  That helps some folks.  Are you getting plenty of fluids?  Warm herb tea helps me when I feel hungry.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

patriciacreveling
on 11/18/11 8:03 am
thanks averyone, i take nexium still, my dr, didnt give me anything else. i have been eating SF pudding and light and fit yogurt with they said was ok , and im sipping all day my crystal light. i really feel like i could eat a cheese burger lol. i know i cant, but thats how i feel.
patriciacreveling
on 11/18/11 8:04 am
vanilla yogurt .. im not allowed to eat greek yogurt yet.
poet_kelly
on 11/18/11 8:07 am - OH
Why can't you eat Greek yogurt?  It's not much different than the light and fit yogurt you're eating, except a bit thicker and more protein.  And less sugar, if you get plain.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

patriciacreveling
on 11/18/11 8:11 am
idk why, i wish i could, i think next week i can eat it. im in week 2, next week is pureed food and week 4-5 i start solids. im so happy next week just to have a scrambled egg.
dori M.
on 11/18/11 8:12 am - MD
I was also one those people who experienced hunger early on. The good thing about it now is that it takes so little to move my stomach from hungry to not hungry.
patriciacreveling
on 11/18/11 8:15 am
oh how i wish i didnt feel hungry. lol  i know its stupid, but i feel like i didnt even have bypass. i feel like , maybe my surgeon just fixed my hyatlal hernia and never did the bypass. is that crazy?
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 262 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 132 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?