Stalls make me crazy!

AmberLee72
on 11/18/11 3:48 am
Here we go again! Every time I don't lose weight for over a week or more I get this crazy feeling like I'm not gonna lose anymore weight and I'm just going to fail at this like I have failed at every other weigth loss attempt. In the back of my mind Im pretty sure I will keep losing but I do see people on here who have not lost what they should have. I have alot of weight to lose and I'm so gratful for the 95lb loss so far. I have at least another 66lbs to make it to 150lbs. I just don't know if it will ever happen. I was hoping the weight loss wouldnt slow down until 6 months. I will be 5 months post op on the 22nd. I have only lost 8lbs so far this month. It will be the first time since surgery that I have lost less than 10lbs in a month. Please tell me there is hope and I will continue losing?!?! I know I sound crazy. But this journey can be overwhelming.
Patti1md
on 11/18/11 4:02 am
I am feeling the same.  I stalled once since the surgery, but I look at it like this.  Last year I was over 300lbs and today I am 240lbs. 

AmberLee72
on 11/18/11 4:11 am
That is such a great way to think of it Patti! It really is true. We should be so happy for what we have lost so far. Last year at this time I was just miserable with myself. You have a great attitude!! I'm working on mine lol! It's a daily struggle. I just have to think positive like you do. Thank you!!!

Deli07
on 11/18/11 4:45 am - NY
I know exactly how you feel.  I got my surgery on January 5, 2011.  I've lost 75 lbs (which is great) but I've been at a stall since July.  I'm so frustrated and I feel like this is it for me.  I'm so scared I'm not going to lose any more weight.  This has been the longest stall! I feel like I'm not meant to ever be in onederland :(

Amber L.
on 11/18/11 5:40 am - Sweden
I feel you. My doctor had me on a crash diet to lose 30 pounds in the last 28 days before surgery. I lost 26. Now I am 9 days post-op and in a nice little stall. I dropped 5 pounds in the first few days, gained a pound and now I have been the same weight for 5 days. Of course my body is recouping from the super fast weight loss. It's just really annoying right now. I am ready for the scale to move. I keeping feeling like I will be the ONE person who won't lose ANYthing after RnY. lol

I am know it's just a head game.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

InkdSpEdTchr
on 11/18/11 7:08 am
Sounds like you need to do a litte more living with your new body! Your almost at 100lbs down, I bet there are lots of activities that you can do now that you couldn't before... focus on those things and less on the number.

It's about our health and getting our lives back, the number will come...you've got another year at least of "Honeymoon Period" so try to switch that negative self-talk to more positive comments.

Instead of "I've ONLY lost 8lb" how about "Sweet, I've lost a gallon of water!!" Try carrying one around for a while and you'll be glad that you don't have to anymore :)

Hang in there girlie- you are looking FANTASTIC!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

studleyslove
on 11/18/11 8:17 am - Marion, KY
that's great, you had your surgery the day after I did, and we have lost the same amount of weight! I am just like you, I get stalled and I think,....oh, well, here we go again. I am in a stall now and haven't lost anything since Nov. 7. I just thought you wouldn't have stalls with WLS, but I guess you do!!! I lost 33 pounds of my weight loss in 2 weeks after surgery after ending up in the hospital with pneumonia........and was on liquid diet. I was losing like 4-5 every other day. I thought, "wow, this could work" then, got home, and of course, it slowed. But, I have to remember, I'm building muscle b/c of all the exercise, and my body is probably asking "what in the world has happened" besides, if we lose it slow, maybe the excess skin won't be as bad?? I started out heavier than you are, too.......just remember, it's a lifelong journey. I get impatient, too! Good luck to you!
Sarah Hollis
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views