TMI topic light colored poo

RainDiva
on 11/23/11 9:36 am
I have been reading on Internet that white/gray/light colored poo is no good even in WLS patients it could be a blocked bile or gallbladder ok so here is my questions I am new post op and gallbladder was ok during surgery not problems do u think ot could be gallbladder or maybe calcium I am taking. I go from bad constipation to feeling like I am going to throw up with a huge light colored bowel movement has anyone else had this does it go away I don't feel sick and I don't have yellowing of the eyes or skin. Internet got me fraking out

poet_kelly
on 11/23/11 10:21 am - OH
It's fat.  You are malabsorbing fat due to your RNY.  It's common. 

It can also be a sign of gall bladder problems because if your gall bladder isn't working right, you can also malabsorb fats.  But you are supposed to be malabsorbing them now.  I would not worry unless you have other symptoms of gall baldder problems.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

debgore
on 11/23/11 12:18 pm
Since we're on the subject, what is the best  OTC stool softner to take?
takqia1
on 11/23/11 2:52 pm
Thanks for posting I had the same question. Im taking actigal so wasn't so worried about gallbladder but wondered if it was calcium. I take dulcolax stool softner once a day it helped me a lot.
Momx4kids
on 11/23/11 4:23 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
I had that for a couple of months after surgery now they are pretty much normal, no galbladder issue.
Rhonda

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views