Severe gas

jeannemac
on 11/26/11 6:18 am

Please help!   I will be three weeks post-op on Monday.  For the last few days, I have had severe gas in my upper abdomen.  It hurts so bad, I can't even begin to eat.  I have tried gasx and it helps temporarily, but it comes right back.  If anybody knows of anything I can do, please help!  Thanks.

poet_kelly
on 11/26/11 6:29 am - OH
Are you eating anything different this week than you were before?  Are you eating nice and slow?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jeannemac
on 11/26/11 8:31 am
Oh my, Kelly, thank you.  I was talking to my husband and on Thanksgiving I ate some homemade mashed potatoes....guess what?  They were made with milk.  I am lactose intolerant anyway, so that may have been it.  Could it really last several days?  My Dr. had advanced to to pureed on Monday, so mashed potatoes (instant) were not new, just the homemade ones.  I appreciate you all so much!
poet_kelly
on 11/26/11 8:35 am - OH
I would not think it would last that long, no. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

birthdaygirl
on 11/26/11 6:37 am - Lithonia, GA
I am 3 years out and since 2 days post-op a lady whom I had pre-op class with shared a old folks secret with me that works til this very day and I have gas right now and I am licking it and using it.........................what is it? what is it?...................

MUSTARD.......PLAIN YELLOW MUSTARD....she told me to squirt some on back of my hand and lick it and I believe it is the vinegar and spices but it works everytime anI now I am tooting all the gas away!

hope it works for you!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
jeannemac
on 11/26/11 7:12 am
Thank you so much, I will try it right now and let you know.
NanaRose142
on 11/26/11 8:28 am - TX
Thank you so  much for sharing this.  I am almost two weeks out and last night had horrible gas.  I  walked and pounded my chest andd finally took pain meds and went to sleep.  I will most def be trying this.
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
jeannemac
on 11/26/11 8:34 am
I am trying it also.  Where do you live in Texas?  I am in Harker Heights, had my surgery in Round Rock.  Lets keep in touch, I am only a week ahead of you.
Centexcat
on 11/26/11 8:41 am
 I am in copperas cove - don't have surgery date yet  but hoping for January...  We should also keep in touch - I am excited to find a fellow traveler near me!  

If you are neutral in situations of injustice you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~ Desmond Tutu    
jeannemac
on 11/26/11 10:10 am
Absolutely!  It is wonderful to have "Journey Buddies" and I so look forward to keeping in touch!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 267 views