Cottage Cheese and Ketchup......

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/26/11 9:38 pm - OH
I got SO sick of eating it during the first 3 months post-op that I rarely eat it (or scrambled eggs) now (even 4 years later)!   When I did eat it, I just put some pepper on it. 

I much prefer Greek yogurt which has the same amount of protein and does not have the textural challenges of cottage cheese.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

H0WD0Y0ULIKEMEN0
W

on 11/26/11 10:52 pm - Baltimore, MD
YUMMMY YUM YUM I love my cottage cheese with Apple Butter.  Yes I know apple butter is sweet but has the same amount of sugar as sugar free applesauce.  I had an aunt that ate it with ketchup all the time.

i also like mine with pineapple too!! 
Highest Weight: 235 Pre op Start Weight:222 Surgery Weight 205 Current Weight:152Goal Weight: 118
Nothing taste as good as Thin feels      

littleskie
on 11/26/11 11:57 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I love cottage cheese with pepper on it, slathered over a hot piece of pumpernickel toast. It must be hot toast tho. Just to melt the cottage cheese a tiny bit.

If I want it sweet I make a mock rice pudding out of it. Yum!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Carol S.
on 11/27/11 2:09 am - Milwaukee, WI
 Some Splenda and Pumpkin Pie Spice.  
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Ding-E-Girl
on 11/27/11 3:58 am - MS
   I like cottage cheese with salt and pepper or with Pear slices!!  YUMMIE
lilbear412
on 11/27/11 3:58 am - MN
 interesting...lol i have eaten cottage cheese all my life and love it still.  I eat it probably 4 times a week for snack...Here is how i eat it..

cottage cheese with pineapple, pears or peaches...
LOVE cottage cheese with sugar free jello....love it mixed with lime jello, cool whip and chopped nuts.  
cottage cheese with some minced onions and a little bit of salt and pepper.
just plain cottage cheese on whole grain crackers...

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

cajungirl
on 11/27/11 4:27 am
I like mine plain or with splenda and spices (pumpkin, cinnamon, crushed clove, etc.)

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Nell R.
on 11/27/11 4:35 am - Hewitt, TX
I eat cottage cheese & blueberries every morning for breakfast

dori M.
on 11/27/11 6:29 am - MD
I'm kind of grossed out yet intrigued about all these cottage cheese ideas. I tried the fruit & cottage cheese doubles once a few years ago and couldn't get past the texture. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

karync
on 11/27/11 6:35 am - Martinez, CA
I had an employee a while back who ate cottage cheese with yogurt.  I couldn't even THINK that would be good until I tried it...and I LOVED it!  I eat it like that all the time now!

I love plain, fat free greek yogurt but I sometimes miss those flavored Yoplait yogurts in the blue containers.  Since they are so low in protein, I can't justify taking up the room in my stomach.  BUT, when I mix it with the cottage cheese which is high in protein, I can do it.

Try it...it's really good!

Karyn

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics