Pre op diet

mikjul1
on 11/26/11 8:30 am - bel air, MD
I sucks sometimes that the rest of the family can eat an I am restricted to a protein shake I try not to show it but it sucks anyone else going through this.
barbiieedoll
on 11/26/11 8:34 am
I am on it too...hungry....need some ideas though....I have been told its just a matter of time...it will pass.
mikjul1
on 11/26/11 8:39 am - bel air, MD
I still get on these wanting things that I can not have it sucks when you can smell it.
Rena H.
on 11/26/11 9:00 am

Today makes my 6th day on the diet. I am allowed 2 protein shakes a day and one lean cuisine for dinner; however, I couldnt find a lean cuisine I like and I am doing 3 protein shakes a day instead, all my vitamins, chicken or beef bullion cubes in a cup of water, popcicles for when I have the desire to actually chew something (lol). I made kool-aid with splenda, water, crystal light.

I have had nausea, tummy growling to the point my Chihuahua will look at my belly and growl at it (lol), and oh boy, was the headaches bad the first 3 days but they seem to be better now. I know how you feel, it does suck! My partner pulled out a bag of Reece mini cups in front of me (which is my weakness as far as candy goes) It was hard, but I stood strong and didnt have a breaking moment (lol)

Best Wishes!

Donna D.
on 11/26/11 9:44 am - Cockeysville, MD
Hang in there my GBMC buddy it wil be well worth it in the end!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Amber B.
on 11/26/11 10:09 am
Poor thing. I remember that all too well. Hang in there. I would put A1 in my soup if I was feeling like steak, cottage cheese in my tomato soup, lime and chili powder in chicken broth, I made things for my family like chicken and dumplings and chili another night but would eat the soup from that. If I made hamburger steaks I would put dabs of worstershire sauce in my soup so fast. It was hard but I did a pretty good job of not feeling so deprived. It is all worth it.
WoodsonArcher
on 11/26/11 10:53 am - TX
I think you have to keep yourself out of those situations as much as possible. For Thanksgiving, I went fishing instead of sitting in a room watching everyone pig out. I eat / drink my 5 protein shakes per day at times when no one else is eating. The funny thing is that I was the cook. Now that Io am not cooking, they are complaining there is nothing to eat. There is plenty, they just have to cook it themselves. Hang in there. If i can do this, anyone can. Do things to keep you busy and when you find a shake you like, accentuate the positive by reminding yourself how good the shake is. Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery.
140angel
on 11/26/11 2:29 pm
Kudos to you for not making your family miserable through your pre-op diet.  I am going through this too!! My surgery is also scheduled for December 6th.  The food cravings have been hard resulting in some cheating along the way.  I always try to remind myself that following this liquid diet pre-op is very important.  My liver will be smaller resulting in a safer surgery.  In addition, by  following the liquid diet I am loosing weight.  My family has been very supportive and try to eat when I am not around.     because they do not want to listen to me complain.....lol 
Ten more days....you can do this!!
mikjul1
on 11/26/11 11:03 pm - bel air, MD
Thanks and you can to let me know how you do in surgery keep me posted :)
armani24
on 11/27/11 4:52 am - PA
OMG I just had my surgery 11/21/11 It seems like everything i drink hurts. I have trouble sleeping  cant get comfortable. It seems that on both my sides hurt. Thier is a lump under my incision where they took out my drainage tube from. Everyone tell me its healing but should it be this sore. Or am I making the situtation worse then what it actually is. This is new to me im just nervous.
Most Active
Recent Topics