Incisions itching something terrible!!! one week out today.

Amber B.
on 11/28/11 7:18 pm
I was told the day I came home from the hospital to take the waterproof bandages off in the shower my first shower. Underneath there were strips of tape over dermabond that would eventually come off with gentle scrubbing over the next few days. The tape is gone and I think I'm healing nicely. No oozing, not hot to the touch, no extreme puffiness or tenderness at all. They have a hard raised texture though AROUND the scab. Is that normal? All is well except for the fact that I want to claw at the six tiny holes 24 hours a day. It is quite annoying actually. I'm scared to take benadryl or Put anything on it. Anybody go/going through this?
seashell6417
on 11/28/11 8:24 pm - Gaylord, MN
It is normal for your skin to itch as a wound heals.  As new skin develops and stretches under the scabs you will have some itching.  If it is annoying you could make a quick call to your doctor's office.  Maybe the nurse could recommend an OTC topical cream or ointment to relieve the itching.
Tami

Amber B.
on 11/28/11 9:23 pm
No ointment/cream allowed. I go for my post op tomorrow so I'll definitely ask my surgeon then. Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 10:07 pm
I feel your pain,  I had surgery 8 days ago, and am itching so much. It is making me crazy.  
Amber B.
on 11/28/11 10:17 pm
So sorry!
Most Active
Recent Topics